Chronicle 15

Season 1

Episode 4

Part: 2

Location: Zloda, Belarus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We soon landed in Belarus. Everyone got out and piled in a van. I got in my own seat. Skye got her own and Fitz and Simmons were in the back with a big case on Fitz's lap. Ward was driving and Coulson was in the passenger seat.

"How exciting. I've dreamed of visiting Zloda since I was a schoolgirl," Simmons said excitedly.

"Zloda, Belarus? A dream come true? Really?" Fitz said to her unimpressed. I smiled as I started playing on my phone. I don't get how this is cool either.

"It's the birthplace of Nobel physicist Zhores Alferov. I mean technically, he's from Vitebsk, but that's less than an hour from here and I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't know that," Simmons says to him

"Well, no, of course, I know who that is. Father of Heterostructure Transistors, thank you very much. We're all well aware of that. I'm just a little bit preoccupied. Our first and only other time in the field wasn't exactly a picnic was it?" Fitz said to her as we hit a bump and he held on to his case.

Coulson turned to us and said "You guys are only here to search for Amador electronically. You won't even need to leave the van."

Fitz silently pumped a fist as May came on the coms. "Bus to short bus," She said to us. Ward answered with "Go for short bus."

"Next time, I'll decide what we call ourselves, okay?" Coulson said to him annoyed with the name. Ward looked at him confused as didn't know what was wrong with it.

"H.Q. has requested a status update," May said to us on the comms. "What'd you tell them?" Coulson asked her.

"That we're tracking a potential suspect. Nothing more," She said to him. Coulson nodded and said, "I owe you one."

"More like three," She said to him.

After a few more minutes we pulled to the side of the road. Coulson took his seatbelt off and looked back at us as he said "If Amador's here, she'll have to contact her buyer. Scan for cell phone transmissions, encrypted emails, and anomalous broadcast signatures. Call us if you find anything that indicates her presence."

Coulson loaded his gun as he got out of the car. Ward said, "Maintain radio silence unless you really need help." He got out too and started loading his gun.

"Well, what exactly defines needing help!?" Fitz yells at him as he gets out of the car. Ward answered with a door slam.

Me and Skye climbed to the front with her in the driver seat and me on the passenger side. Simmons and Fitz started setting up the back of the van with computers and other things.

"There's hardly any electricity in this town. Can't be too hard to find our mystery woman," Simmons says as she sets up the back of the van for recon.

"Unless she already knows we're here," Skye said to her. Simmons stopped for a minute and said "You're not suggesting some sort of precognition or telepathy because--"

"I know it doesn't exist. And not long ago I would have dumped ESP in the "Aliens and portals are crazy for people" pile. But now...." Skye said as she interrupted Simmons.

"She does have a point. What says they're not out there and you guys haven't found them yet," I said to them.

Simmons was about to say something until Skye said "Found a server." She started clicking on her computer. I looked at her screen for a bit.