Chronicle 4

Season 1

Episode 1

Part: 3

Location: Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not long after some other people walked in and surrounded the table. This one woman stared at me a while as she passed.

Coulson put Mike's driver's license on the table and then all this information popped up about him on the table.

"Michael Peterson, factory worker, married, one kid. Gets injured, gets laid off. Wife jumps ship. Good guy, bad breaks. Best guess is, somebody tells him they can make him strong again, make him super," Coulson says to them. I stayed back a little as Skye walked a little towards them.

This is crazy. I just remembered that the woman who was basically staring daggers at me was Melinda May aka the Cavalry. I'm guessing the other two people are Fitz and Simmons the smartest duo in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Can't say Marvel when you have Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, plus Jarvis aka Vision, and tons of other characters.

"Who has the tech to do that? And why would they want to?" May says to Coulson. I looked at him as Skye keeps walking around behind him.

"Fitz, what do we have from the security footage before the blast?" Coulson asks Fitz as he walks around and looks at the screen. Fitz picks up this tablet and starts messing with it and he pops some footage on the screen. A blurry picture pops up with a man who looks angry at some scientist or could be a doctor.

"What are we seeing?" May ask him as she looked at the screen. Fitz looks backs at her and then back at the screen. He says "Well, the man is angry with the other man." Everyone just looked at him while I laughed a little.

I walked over and stood by Skye as she looked at the whole team. "The data is very corrupt," Simmons says to us like that can help out their case.

"Yeah, like cold war Russia corrupt," Fitz says and Simmons adds with a "Yeah." I just looked at them kinda confused as they started to ramble a little.

"I can't sync the timecode without...." Fitz started before Skye interrupted him and said "what if you had the audio?"I smirked a little at her.

Everyone looked at us both. Skye stepped up a little and said "I was... running surveillance on the lab. I had my shotgun mic pointed at the window before the blast. The digital files are in my van. There's too much background noise for me, but you could probably..."

Then Simmons interrupts her by saying "You can clean that up, can't you? Find a sync point and use cross field validation to find..."

"But I can't scrub for expression patterns when the VIT-C is all..." Fitz says interrupting Simmons, but then she interrupts him by saying "Well is there a chrominance subcarrier?"

"Yeah attached to the back porch. Brilliant." Fitz says to Simmons. We all just looked at them as they started kinda whispering to themselves before finally looking up at Skye smiling and saying "Um, that audio would be great. Thank you very, very much. We will take that audio please."

Then Coulson said to her "Your vans here but you were right we couldn't decrypt the files." Skye looked at them and said "the encryption is coupled to the GPS. Get my van back to the alley, and then I'm back in business."

I smiled a little at how smart she is. She never moves or drives her van and that's why. Because she made it to where no one else can use it other than her.

"Agent May will escort you," Coulson said to her as she was about to walk out. She looked back at me and then at Coulson as she said "And him too."

I looked up confused and said "What?" Coulson nodded at her and said "Done. And on your way out wake up Ward." I smiled evilly and said, "With pleasure." I walked over to Skye as May escorted us to this cargo bay but not before dropping by the interrogation room with Ward in it.

I went in and Skye looked at me and said "Would you like to do the honors?" I bowed and said, "With pleasure."

I put my finger in my mouth and wet willy him awake. He popped quickly as May showed her our way to leave.

We got in Skye's van and drove it back to the alley way we were before. May stood outside the door while I was in with Skye.

"Why'd you ask me to come?" I ask her. She looked at me for a minute and said "Because we're in this together now, so I might as well drag you along." I smiled as she started grabbing things.

She picked up her phone and put it to her ear as she plugged something in. "Audio file should be coming through. It's not compressed, so it might take a minute."

She sat on the phone a while before looking at it strangely and taking it off her ear. "So what do we do now? Just chill here?" I asked her. She shrugged as she watched it finally upload.

I looked around the van some more as all the newspaper clippings. "That's should do it," Skye said as I quit looking around. She shut her computer and looked at her.

"Let's head back," May said to us and then someone just drop on her. "May!" I yelled a little until I saw Mike standing over her. He grabbed her and threw her against the wall knocking her out.

"Mike," Skye said to him as she was confused. He turned and looked at her and then looked back at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as he stared at me. What is he thinking, throwing someone against the wall like that?

"Saving you two. From the scary men in dark suits. And now you're gonna help save us," MIke said to us.

"Us?" Skye asked him confused. Then Mike showed us the kid from the other day. He lifted the kid and put him in the van.

"Don't cry. Okay? Stay strong for me, Ace. What are we?" Mike said as he got in the van too. I scooted a little in the back to get out of the way as Skye did the same.

Ace looked at him and said "We're a team." Mike nodded at him and "That's right. Now drive." He closed the door to the van as Skye made her way to the front to start driving.

Mike looked at me and then handed me Ace as I put him in my lap. "You're going to sit with him for right now. Okay?" He said to him. Ace nodded as Mike moved closer to Skye to get her to start driving.

I held Ace as we started moving. "So your name's Ace. That's a cool name," I said to him trying to make small talk. He nodded at me as he looked at his dad.

He's scared. I can tell from the way he keeps looking around and he's basically shaking in my arms. So I need to try my best and make him forget what's going on.

"My name's Alex," I said to him. He nodded as Mike came back and grabbed him. He sat not far from me and put Ace in his lap as we continued. Not long after I fell asleep against the wall.