025

MAD-EYE MOODY-025

MAD-EYE MOODY-025

"Alastor Moody," Moody introduced, standing in front of the class. "Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of the story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?"

Nobody spoke. Diana was sitting next to Neville in the front row, right in front of Moody. His magical eye occasionally glanced at her and her twin before going to Harry.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

"Three, sir," Hermione said, her voice wavering slightly.

"And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will—"

Moody wrote on the chalkboard. "—Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct? The Ministry says you're too young to see what these cursed do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared—you need to find another place to put your chewing gum beside the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!"

Everyone turned towards the boy in question. Seamus looked at Dean in disbelief. "No way. The old codger can see out the back of his head." 

Diana and everyone in the line of fire, ducked when Moody suddenly turned and chucked a piece of chalk at Seamus. "And hear across classrooms. So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

Ron snapped his head up at Moody, terrified. "Yes?"

"Stand. Give us a curse."

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperious Curse." Ron said, standing. Diana could see that he was shaking.

Moody nodded. "Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why."

The teacher reached for a jar with a spider in it and held the insect in the palm of his hand. He pointed his wand at the spider and muttered. "Imperio!"

The spider leaped from his hand and landed on Diana's book. She and Neville backed up slightly as the insect hung in front of her face. It stretched out its legs, causing them to touch her face. Then it backed flipped over her head and onto Crabbe's head, who was right behind her. He squealed like a pig as the spider cartwheeled again and jumped off. Everyone laughed as the spider started to tap dance on Koda's deck, who went wide-eyed. The only people, who weren't laughing were Moody and Koda.