Ch 28

The next day, the first day of the festival finally dawned.

It was the second day following the celebration of the Crown Prince’s birthday, when I had to fulfill my official duties as a saint.

My rose-red dress and blonde braids made me look very seductive in the mirror.

Daisy, meanwhile, was constantly chattering, grooming me from the morning.

“I hear Marquis Lloyd is also the best groom in the society. As the empire’s commerce revived… Frankly, wealth and money are better recognized than titles.”

“Daisy.”

“Yes?”

After she finished grooming me, I warned Daisy with cold eyes,

“Let’s say I’m in a relationship with someone. But what’s your role as my aide?”

Daisy’s shoulders flinched and her hands stopped.

“To look after and support the Saintess closely…”

I said as I brushed off the feathered collar,

“Yesterday, you failed to fulfill that role. It doesn’t matter how good your intentions were.”

Daisy’s eyes shook at my words.

“Saintess…”

She was a clever and good kid, but sometimes I needed to draw a clear line. That was true of every relationship between people.

“So I was disappointed in you yesterday. I’m not even in a good relationship with him, but you left me with him.”

We didn’t really have a bad relationship, but I made that point firmly in case Daisy thought otherwise.

Daisy’s eyes widened and she bowed to beg for forgiveness when I said it.

“I’m sorry, Saintess. I misunderstood. In the future, I will not abandon my position with a rash judgment. I will never let you down again.”

Daisy’s hands trembled.

“Maybe he did harm to the Saintess… He didn’t do that, did he?”

I got up from my seat and reached out to the depressed child.

“It never happened, but remember this promise now.”

I beckoned and said to the child who raised her head,

“Let’s go. Time’s up.”

Daisy’s eyes rejuvenated as if she looked fine again.

“Yes, Saintess. Alright.”

As I walked down the long hallway, the passing maids and priests hurriedly bowed their heads to me.

“May you be blessed by the Nine Gods.”

“May the Saintess be blessed.”

My steps went from the magnificent main building to the balcony of the tower connected to the festival hall. Daisy straightened out the long-drawn dress.

The door on the balcony was guarded by dozens of holy knights in silver armor, they bowed and opened the door when I came.

The bright sunlight fell over me, and I walked straight without hesitation.

Looking down, there was a crowd of 10,000 people and I could see blooming roses, and there were three men waiting on the balcony.

Reyhas’ sunlit hair was as beautiful as gold silk, and so were his golden eyes looking at the people of the empire.