THREE

THREE
Callie

"You didn't invite me, sunshine." Everest slurs, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "You've hurt Phoenix's feelings and now you've hurt mine." I roll my eyes at his drunken behaviour.

"How much have you had to drink, Ev?" I whisper, grabbing hold of his face and looking into his hazy eyes.

He grins.

"Your hands are soft. Can I have them?" He beams and I lightly slap his cheek and grab a bottle of water.

I force him to drink it and I huff when he continues to smirk at me.

"Did you know that I'm your boss?" He whispers in my ear and pulls back looking like he's just said the smartest thing ever. "B-But we —" he pauses, "— I can't tell you." He puts his finger against his lips and shushes me.

"Maybe we should call it a night." Poppy whispers in my ear, casting a wary glance to Everest who looks like he's ready to pass out. "Sophia is coming to pick me up, I'll tell her to drop you home as well."

"I can't leave him by himself." I sigh. "I'll get a taxi."

I stand up and help Everest up who still has a warm smile on his face as he leans most of his body weight on me.

"Ev, you're fucking heavy!" I exclaim as the muscly man continues to lean on me.

"Sorry, sunshine." He pulls away a little bit, but keeps his arm wrapped around me as I lead us out of the bar. "Are we — are we going back to yours? B- Because I don't have sex on the first date?"

"Shut up." I mumble and drag him to a taxi. "Get in." I demand and shove him into the backseat.

"Sunshine! I didn't know you had this in you." He gives me a mischievous smile. "Back to mine, mate." He taps the clear screen that blocks us from the driver.

I send him an apologetic look and give him both of our addresses.

As soon as we make it to Everest's place, I open the door and watch as he stumbles out and then turns to look at me again with furrowed eyebrows.

"You're so beautiful." He whispers, giving me a lazy smile. "So, so beautiful." He pats the roof of the car a couple times before walking up the driveway to his home.

I make sure to watch him get inside before I tell the driver to continue. A huge sigh escapes my lips as I lean back against the seat.

I have never seen Everest in a state like that before and I don't get why he was drinking alone.

I'm soon dropped home and as soon as I enter my small home, I don't hesitate to get into bed. I can feel myself begin to fall asleep but jump when I get a notification on my phone.

E - sorry if I ruined your night

My face falls and I suddenly feel bad. Why do I feel bad?

C - You didn't. Just get some sleep x

I lock my phone and fall back into the mattress and stare up at the ceiling.

Then curiosity hits me.

Everest was going to tell me something tonight but he stopped himself.

It can't be good!

My eyes widen.

They're going to fire me.

•••

"Callie, stop it! They're not going to fire you, don't be ridiculous — you're the last person they would fire in this place." Poppy grabs hold of my arms and looks at me with raised eyebrows. "Stop overthinking."

I go to say something but I'm cut off by the phone ringing. Poppy gives me a quick glance before picking up the phone — her eyes widen at whoever is on the other side of the line.

She slowly puts the phone down and gives me a small smile.

"They want to see you." My heart begins to race and I gulp.

I take a second before nodding my head and turn to walk to their office. I knock and then walk in.

I frown when I see Everest sleeping — his head resting on his desk.

I turn to face Miller and Phoenix.

"Am I fired?" I blurt out and they both frown at me. "Because if you're firing me then I quit first — I was thinking of leaving anyway because I wanted to go travelling, but that wasn't for another year at least but if it has to be now then so be it." I ramble and then inhale a deep breath.

The two men in front of me stay silent but the looks on their faces does not tell me that they are happy.

Oh shit.

"You're leaving?" Miller tilts his head, standing up from his desk. "And what?! We're not firing you!" He throws his arms up in the air and I bite my lip.

Oh.

"Well just forget what I said then." I laugh nervously. "That was a lie."

Phoenix gives me a questioning look.

"What did you need?" I try my best to change the subject.

"Business party tonight, my love. We would like it if you'd be our date." A small gasp escapes my lips.

Date.

"All three of you?" I question in confusion.

Wouldn't that look odd?

"Is that a problem, princess?" Phoenix questions, his face stern.

That man never smiles.

"No, I guess not." I shrug and I look at Miller to see him smiling. "What time?"

"I'll have a driver pick you up at eight." Miller informs me and I nod my head.

"Well I've got a tattoo appointment after work so I might be a little late." Phoenix's ears perk up at my words.

"You're getting another tattoo?" I nod. "At Skull's?" I nod again.

Skull is his older brother.

"He's giving me a discount and he told me he'd help me with the back tattoo I wanted." I grin.

Phoenix nods and puts his hands in his pockets.

"I could of done it for you." He mumbles and I smile gently as a small pout etches onto his plump lips.

"Thought you'd be busy." I reason with him and he gives a sharp nod.

"So you'll come?" Miller questions and I nod my head.

"Sunshine!"

A/N
Thank you for 10k reads 💙