NINE

NINE
Callie

A yawn escapes my lips as the car that Miller sent for me takes me to the airport.

It's two in the morning!

I then receive a text message from Miller.

M - You okay beautiful? You nearly at the airport?

C - I'm good, about five minutes away

I put my phone back in my bag and look out the window as we drive on the motorway closer and closer to the airport.

Then it finally hits me that I'm moving to a whole different country for three months and I'm going to be living with my three bosses.

Now, I trust the three men, not entirely but enough to feel safe around them. But lately I've been starting to think that their business is not fully legit and I'm going to find out exactly what it is they're up to.

"Holy shit." I whisper to myself.

I soon arrive at the airport and I smile when I see the familiar face of Miller standing by a jet.

He walks over to me and helps me with all my luggage.

"Thank you." I smile at him and he returns the gesture.

"No worries, love. Ev and Phoenix are already onboard. Everest has been annoying the shit out of him so I'd stay clear." Miller chuckles lightly and I slowly nod my head as I follow him up the stairs to the plane.

"Sunshine." I groan at the sound of Everest's cheerfulness this early in the morning.

"Ev." I mumble and brush past him to take a seat next to Phoenix who is staring out the window while playing with the rings around his fingers.

"Hey, you're not sitting next to me?" Everest pouts and I roll my eyes getting up to go and sit next to him but the sound of Phoenix's voice has me sitting back down.

"She stays next to me." He mumbles causing Everest to huff and throw him self on the seat on the other side of us.

"You okay?" I question Phoenix about ten minutes after we take off.

He only nods his head and continues to look out the window but he soon speaks up after five minutes.

"I got another tattoo." He looks down at me and lifts the bottom of his sleeve up to show me his wrist.

A grin etches onto my face when I see a butterfly very similar to the ones on my back.

"That tattoo is the complete opposite to you exterior." I giggle lightly causing his lips to turn up just the slightest. "But I love it." I whisper and he looks down at me with his green eyes that gleam just a little.

"You should probably go sit with Miller, you know how he is with small spaces." I look over at Miller and watch as he tries to distract himself as we're in the air.

I stand up from my chair and go to sit next to Miller.

"Hi." I smile at him and he looks down at me and smiles.

"Hi, my love. You okay?" He asks, looking slightly concerned.

"I'm fine, Miller. I want to know if you're okay?" He releases a small sigh before closing his laptop and resting against the back of the leather seat.

"I'm feeling better now that I have you sitting next to me." He winks and I smile shaking my head lightly.

"Be honest with me, Mill." I raise my eyebrows at him and he releases a shaky breath.

"I feel like my chest is about to cave in on me." He laughs but I can see the discomfort on his face.

I hold my hand out for him and he doesn't hesitate to intertwine his fingers with mine — he lightly squeezes my hand but I can see him now visibly relax now that he's holding my hand.

"Thank you, love." He smiles. "What would I do without you?" He whispers the last part before looking out the window.

•••

This place is absolutely huge.

It's like a fucking castle!

I stare up at the white modern building in shock. I slowly close my eyes and let the sound of the sea which is close by fill my ears.

The heat wraps around me like a blanket and for the first time in a long time I feel relaxed.

I look back at the place that I will be calling home for the next three months. It's literally the size of a football pitch.

Maybe moving here was a good idea.

"You like it, sunshine?" Everest questions as he comes to stand next to me.

"Are you kidding?! This place is amazing!" I beam in excitement. I look up at Everest to see him already looking down at me with a distant look on his face. "You okay?"

"I'm all good, little sunshine." He blinks and then walks away.

I look at his retreating back with furrowed eyebrows.

Weird.

A couple hours later I find myself standing in my new office which is even bigger than the one back home. The only difference is the fact that it's completely connected to the mens office.

"Miss Greenwood?" I jump at the sound of someone by the door and turn to see Luca. "Sorry for scaring you." He smiles nervously and I give him a reassuring smile.

"It's fine. I didn't realise you would be here also." I tilt my head and he looks down at his feet before looking back at me.

"You look really pretty." He blurts out, a huge blush etching onto his face.

"I-Uh....Thank you." I nod beginning to feel my face heat up.

"S-Sorry, I just came to see if you were okay. I'll go." He doesn't give me anytime to reply before he's rushing out the room.

I look at the door with wide eyes.

"Why the shocked face?" Everest questions as he walks through the door that Luca just left from with folders in his hands.

"Nothing." I whisper, still in shock about the little encounter between Luca and I.

"You sure?" Everest doesn't look convinced.

"What does Luca do?"

His face hardens.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"He just seems nice and I want to know what he does? I might ask him if he wants to go for a coffee or something." I shrug, walking over to the coffee machine to make myself a drink.

"Well if he's so nice, why don't you just ask him yourself?" I look at the man in front of me in shock.

"Ev, what's crawled up your ass?" I laugh lightly and he rolls his eyes, throwing the folders on the table before storming out.

What the hell is wrong with him?!

A/N
I think Ev is jealous lol💙