SEVEN

SEVEN
Callie

Everest let me take a seat at his desk. He grabbed an extra chair and scrapped it along the floor until he was sat right next to me.

I slowly turn my head and look at him with raised eyebrows as he casually slumps in the chair and begins to play with the rings on his fingers.

"You want to sit any closer?" I question with a sarcastic tone in my voice.

His blue eye make eye contact with me and he smiles.

"I mean you can sit on my —"

"Do you know what? Shut up." I huff and begin my work.

Then I freeze.

"Where's Phoenix?" I frown, finally looking around to see that he is nowhere to be seen.

It's just Everest and Miller.

"He should be here soon, he got caught up in something." Miller explains, keeping his eyes on his computer as he types something out.

"You've got to do an interview at two with a man named Luca." I inform the two men as I look through the person's file. They furrow their eyebrows and Everest leans forward to look at the computer screen.

"It doesn't say what position it's for." I say, beginning to feel confused.

I stare at the person's picture. His dark wavy hair falls across his forehead, a bit similar to Everest's. His cheekbones are very defined as he stares intensely into the camera. I zoom in and my eyes widen when I see a teardrop tattooed under his eye.

"Looks very professional." I scoff and jump when I see Miller now standing behind me, staring intensely at the screen with a clenched jaw.

"Do you like him?" Miller questions and I laugh lightly.

Then I smirk.

"He's quite attractive." I feel Everest tense next to me and I look at him to see him scowling at the new person. "Look forward to seeing him."

Everest stands up and begins to crack his knuckles.

I hold back my smile.

The door then flies open and Phoenix strolls in with his usual frown but his face softens slightly when he makes eye contact with me.

"Hey, Nix." I smile and he nods.

"Princess." His eyes then avert to his friends who are still staring at the computer screen. Phoenix frowns then becomes curious. He also makes his way round to see what we're looking at.

"Little sunshine thinks he's attractive." Everest grumbles and I playfully roll my eyes.

I look up at Nix who's eyes aren't on the computer screen but on me. His face is hard as he stares at me.

I purse my lips and look back at the computer, deciding to close the window.

"What did you need to speak to me about?" Miller furrows his eyebrows at my question so I look back at Everest to see a sheepish smile on his face.

"I just wanted you to work in our office." He shrugs.

I don't even bother to argue with him.

"Come to dinner round ours tonight, love." Miller changes the subject and gives me a warm smile.

"Please, Sunshine. Phoenix will cry if you don't." Everest pleads but has a menacing smile on his face.

"Shut the fuck up." Phoenix growls out, throwing a stapler at his head.