FOURTEEN

FOURTEEN
Callie

Us

Us?

I'm not going crazy?

"Us?" I repeat and Miller slowly nods his head.

"I have no idea how I'm going to explain this, Callie and I pray that you understand what I'm about to say." Miller tells me and his choice of words does not stop the nerves that is bubbling inside my body.

"Okay." I nod and give him my full attention but I can't ignore the feeling of Everest and Phoenix staring at the side of my head.

"Callie, the three of us like you very much," Miller begins and I try to act calm but really my heart is going to smash through my ribs and out my chest. "And before you say anything, I'd like to clarify that it's much more than just being your bosses and friends. We like you much more than that."

They like me.

"All three of you l—"

"Yes!" Everest blurts out and then looks down at his lap.

"I just.....I don't understand, I can't be in a relationship with all three of you." I whisper and watch as their face falls.

Although I'd very much love to.

"What?" Everest whispers, his face filled with disappointment.

"What would people at work think if they found out I was dating my bosses? It's unheard of to hear about people being in a relationship with more than two people." I voice out my concerns.

Miller slowly nods his head.

Everest continues to stare at me like I've just told him his dog has died.

And Phoenix, his face stays expressionless so I really can't tell what he's thinking.

"But do you feel the same way towards us?" Miller tilts his head and I gulp, my face heating up.

Is it wrong of me to like all three of them and want them?

People would shame me for it.

But why should I care what people think?

There's no denying every time I'm around these men I feel butterflies. The looks that they give me makes me feel so good about myself, they make me happy and I couldn't imagine my life without them in it — even if they can be chaotic most times.

But a relationship?

What if it doesn't work out?

"Princess?" Phoenix finally speaks up and when I look at him I can see the pleading look on his face.

"I do feel the same way, I'm just worried." I finally say and they all look relived by my words.

"Worried about what, my love?" Miller questions gently and sparks travel up my arm when he gently grabs hold of my hand with his warm but rough one.

God, this feeling.

"I don't want to ruin the relationship we've already built. What if it doesn't work out? I won't be able to work for you knowing I'd have to see your faces everyday." I admit to him and he nods his head in understanding.

"On our behalf, love, I can assure you that our feelings will stay the same. If anything they will only increase for you." He reassures me and I smile gently. "Everything that happens between us will be on your terms."

"I want to start things slowly." Miller squeezes my hand and smiles.

"Of course. All we want is for you to be comfortable." I relax slightly and return the smile to him.