TWELVE

TWELVE
Callie

"You seem down." I speak out to Everest as he places a plate of paella in front of me. I smile down at the Spanish dish. This man always knows how to cook a great meal.

However, my mood dampens a little when I see Everest just shrugs his shoulders, keeping his eyes on the counter in front of him.

"What is it?" I ask and watch as he looks at me through his long lashes — his blue eyes sparkle only a tiny bit and that's how I know that somethings up.

"It's nothing, I'm just tired." He tells me and I can tell he feels uncomfortable talking about his feelings so I decide to drop the subject until he's ready to come and talk to me about what's bothering him.

"You're like my personal little chef." I joke, trying to lighten the mood and I smile when his lips curve slightly.

Everest looks at me in amusement before beginning to eat.

"I've got a question." Lord, help me.

"I might have an answer but then again I might not." He rolls his eyes at my reply and then proceeds to ask his question.

"Why did you suddenly run off earlier on?" I slowly swallow my food and look away from his intense stare.

What am I suppose to say to him?

I ran off because the three of you kept making me feel things that I shouldn't be feeling and that's not good because you are my bosses.

"Did I runaway?" I question, pretending to act dumb and he chuckles and looks at me with raised eyebrows. "Do you wanna watch a film?" I tilt my head and I watch as his face brightens and he eagerly nods his head.

Everest is film obsessed, especially with Marvel —

"Can we watch a Marvel film?" He asks, while scoffing the rest of his food down.

"Ev, slow down. Do you not remember what happened last time?" I stare at the man with wide eyes and then think back to the time when he nearly died choking on one small grain of rice.

"But you saved me, sunshine." He grins and I roll my eyes.

"Barely." I scoff and he smirks but listens to me and slows down.

"Callie?"

"Hmm."

When he doesn't say anything I look up to see him looking at me with a lost look in his eyes. He nibbles on his bottom lip before shaking his head.

"Never mind." I stand up from my chair and I watch as he gives me a curious look when I make my way over to him. "What are you doing?" He whispers.

I place the back of my hand against his forehead.

"Callie?" He laughs lightly and I laugh with him.

"Temperature seems okay. So what is wrong, Ev? You clearly need to tell me something, so spill." I stare into his eyes as he stays seated on the kitchen stool.

I then look down to see him clenching and unclenching his hands, almost as if he wants to grab onto something.

"I'll be fine, sunshine. Don't worry about me, now can we watch that film?" He pouts and I shake my head lightly at him.

"Let me finish my dinner." He nods and slides my plate over to him.

I watch in confusion as he pulls the stool next to his body and pats it. I take a seat and continue to eat my meal. I can feel Everest's eyes on my so I turn my head and catch him smiling at me.

"Have I got something on my face?" The smile stays on his face and he shakes his head before looking down at the ground, a light blush coating his cheeks.

It's not that warm in here anymore.

"You make me really happy." I nearly choke on a grain of rice at the words that Everest just blurted out. "I-I....What I mean is that you are a very nice person and you just naturally make people happy." His face only gets redder and I slowly nod my head.

"Thanks I guess."

"Film now." He whispers and I grin.

•••

I wake up confused.

Very, very confused.

For one, I'm not in my room.

And two, I'm not alone.

All I can remember is coming into the home cinema to watch a film with Everest —

Everest

I'm on my side and now I can feel a heavy arm wrapped around my waist and hear the light snores in my ear.

Oh my fuck

I turn my head and my eyes widen in shock.

"Fuck." I whisper. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I grit my teeth and do my best to get out of Everest's deathly grip.

I manage to escape his embrace and watch as his eyebrows now furrow and a small whine escapes his lips.

I clutch my chest and feel my racing heart beat against the palm of my hand.

How did I let this happen?!

Everest is my boss and I've just fell asleep with him.

To make things worse he's topless.

I can see his patch tattoo sleeve on his left arm and I gulp when I begin to feel butterflies.

I did some of those, specifically the heart that is on his forearm.

"Callie." I jump a little, thinking he's awake but he's not. I frown.

Why is he saying my name in his sleep?

'You make me really happy.'

The smiles he gives me.

Even when we were watching the movie he was so adamant on being close to me. He would playfully pinch my hips because he knows I hate it. At some point he fell asleep on my shoulder and I must of fell asleep not long after, hence why I woke up in that compromising position.

It's not just Everest that acts this way with me.

It's the other two men as well.

Realisation hits me.

Do they like me more than a friend?

"Oh my fuck."

Poppy was right.

I was being so naive but it all makes sense.

But then what if it's not true and I'm just being full of myself.

I walk backwards to the door, my eyes still on a sleeping Everest. I exhale a shaky breath and slip through the doors and get ready to make a run for it.

"Princess?"

I clench my eyes shut and slowly turn my head to reveal a topless Phoenix who has a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Phoenix!" I wince at the high pitch of my voice. "I can't go into work today, I'm sick!" I blurt out and run down the corridor and fly into my bedroom, slamming it shut behind me.

Fuck my life.

A/N
💙