TWENTY-FOUR

TWENTY-FOUR
Callie

"So what you're saying is that there is someone that is trying to take down the company?" I raise my eyebrows as all four of us sit around a table.

Phoenix is sitting right next to me, his body heat radiates off of him as he refuses to let go of my hand. I've come to notice that his way of affection is definitely by touch.

"However, we are quite concerned that it could potentially be a lot more than just taking down the company." Miller stares across from me with his warm brown eyes. He looks worried and I frown.

How bad can this be?

"What? Is someone trying to kill us?" I laugh, but it soon turns into a nervous laugh when the three men don't join in with me. My face falls, and my heart begins to race. "Someone is trying to kill us?"

"No," Everest says a little too quickly which doesn't settle my already pounding heartbeat.

"My love, we're not sure yet, but we're taking precautions, and we've got people already looking into it. We promise that no harm will come to you." Miller smiles gently and I nod.

"But what about you three? Who's going to keep you safe?" I tilt my head and all three of them look at me with small smiles on their beautiful faces.

"Come here," Miller says, and I stand up from my seat, my hand falling from Phoenix's and I make my way over to him.

He pushes his chair back and spreads his legs for me to step in between. His strong tanned arms work around my waist, and he pulls me impossibly closer to him. Miller's brown eyes sparkle as he stares up at me and I can't help but reach forward and stroke his cheek.

"I'm going to take you on a date tonight." He tells me and my heart warms.

"What?!" Everest exclaims and I turn my head to see the youngest of the three staring at Miller with wide eyes. "That's not fair!"

"We've got stuff to do," Phoenix mumbles not looking pleased himself.

I stare at them all in amusement.

It will be nice to have one on one time with Miller. I feel as if he's been the busiest out of the three, and I want to make him feel special as well.

"Thank you." I look back down at him and lean down to kiss his forehead. His arms tighten around me, and he buries his face in between my breasts.

I roll my eyes.

It seems to be all of their favourite place to rest their face.

But then it's like cold water is splashed on me when I nearly forget that someone could be out to kill us.

"What is it?" Miller panics and stands up to hover over me.

The other two also make their way over to surround me. Miller's arms are still around my waist, but now my hand is grasped by Phoenix and my other by Everest.

I release a shaky breath, completely forgetting that someone is trying to kill us.

"Callie?" Phoenix says in a stern tone and I look up at the six-foot-seven giant with wide eyes as he stares down at me with creased eyebrows.

He squeezes my hand gently, and I blink before shaking my head.

"Nothing," I whisper and alternate my eyes between a pair of brown, green, and blue ones.

The proximity between the four of us nearly has me wanting to collapse on the floor. My body is beginning to feel flustered, and I squeeze my legs together, the attention from them all is starting to become a little too much, so I step away from them.