TEN

TEN
Miller

Everest storms into the room and I raise my eyebrows as he throws some sort of tantrum.

"What's the issue, Ev?" I question him as he throws himself on the sofa.

"Callie."

Callie.

My heart skips a beat at the mention of that beautiful woman's name. Since the moment she came into our office for an interview we were smitten from the beginning. The way she carried herself so elegantly had me falling to my knees; her smile every time she walked past had me a goner.

I think back to when I saw her for the first time three years ago for her interview.

She had me a stuttering mess when I was asking her the questions. I even managed to drop my drink down my trousers out of nervousness.

I can still remember her angelic laugh as she tried to help me clean myself up. I only ended up embarrassing myself further when I head butted my desk trying to pick the mug up off the floor.

But the smile on her face made it worth it — I would of done it all again if I got to see her smile even longer that day.

Of course she still got the job for her amazing skills and how smart she is. Her beauty just added to it.

"What's happened?" I question in worry and Ev scoffs adjusting the sleeve to his dark green jumper.

"Luca happened, Miller." I stare at my best friend in confusion.

What the hell has Luca got to do with all of this?!

"She was asking about him, saying how she'll ask him to go and get coffee with her." As soon as those words leave Everest's mouth my eyes move to Phoenix who is sat in the corner — his attention now on us.

"Yeah, you hear that, Nix. She's got a new coffee partner, you're absolutely fucked." Everest smirks and I shake my head at him trying to aggravate the already grumpy man.

Phoenix looks about ready to kill and I wince as he stands up from his seat and storms out the room, slamming the door behind him.

"You really had to go piss him off." I huff and Everest throws his arms in the air.

"Our girl is showing interest in that annoying boy!" I roll my eyes at his exaggeration. "What does she see in him that she doesn't see in us! He's not even that good looking."

I stare at him in amusement.

I don't think he's even aware of how similar him and Luca look.

"You just don't like Luca because his gun skills are better than yours." I chuckle and watch as his face begins to go red with anger.

"Shut up." He grits his teeth. "Why isn't this bothering you?!

"Because I don't feel threatened, Ev. Stop stressing because Callie wants to get to know a work colleague." I tell him and roll my eyes when he doesn't reply.

Sometimes he can be so childish.

I leave Everest to glare down at the floor for the next thirty minutes until our Callie walks into the office, a frown on her face.

"You okay, my love?" I sit up straight and watch as she looks between Everest and I before gently placing a stack of folders on my desk.

"Everest left these in my office, thought I'd give them back." She smiles and then sends a glare in Everest's direction.

"What's wrong, Cal?" I whisper gently and she shrugs. "Has Everest upset you?" I stand up and make my way over to her, gently resting my hands on her shoulders.

"What the fuck?!" Everest exclaims but I send him a warning glare.

"No, if anything I've probably upset him because he has a problem with me trying to make friends." She crosses her arms over her chest and I smile at the cute pout on her face.

"Look I'm sorry. I don't like sharing my sunshine alright." I mentally slap my hand over my forehead at the words that tumble out of Everest's mouth.

With the way he talks to her anyone would think she's already ours.

Callie looks up at me with her doe brown eyes and an unexplainable expression on her face. She then looks over at a red-faced Everest and gulps.

"I-I need to get back to work." She stutters before rushing out of the office.

"Please, Ev. Keep that mouth shut of yours from now on before you ruin our chances with that beautiful woman." I huff.

Callie

A couple hours before the end of the day, I hear the sound of someone knocking on the door.

I smile when Phoenix walks in with his hands in his pockets and his eyes looking down at the floor beneath him.

"You okay?" I question him and he looks up at me with his sage green eyes.

He runs his tongue along his bottom lip and I look away when I catch a glimpse of his tongue piercing.

My gosh.

"I'm fine." He mumbles and walks closer to my desk until he is standing in front of me.

"You sure?" I tilt my head as he grabs the chair that is situated in front of my desk and drags it until it's right next to me.

He takes a seat and begins to twist the rings on his finger as he stares at the ground.

"Are you happy here?" His sudden question has my eyes widening. "With us?"

Why is my heart beginning to hammer violently against my chest and why the hell is my stomach fluttering when he looks up at me through his long lashes?!

This is exactly what I was feeling earlier on in the office with Miller as he stared down at me in concern.

I had to leave before I ended up throwing my arms around him and smashing my lips against his.

"Of course I'm happy, Nix. Do you think I'm not?" I question gently.

"Ev said you have a new person to get coffee with." He mumbles and a small gasp escapes my mouth. "Luca."

Everest, the little shit.

"Everest is stirring the pot, Nix. I said I'd go and get coffee with Luca, only because I wanted him to feel welcome in our little work family. He's new and he seems nervous." I sigh.

"Work family?" Nix whispers and I smile nodding my head. "So you still want to get coffee with me?"

"Yes, Nix, I still want to get coffee with you." I laugh lightly and watch him visibly relax.

"I-You....", Phoenix clenches his eyes and releases a frustrated sigh, he begins to twist the ring on his pinky quicker.

"You're okay." I comfort him, grabbing his hand and lacing our fingers together.

"I — "

We're interrupted by the sight of a man that my three bosses hate.

Miller's brother.

Mason.

A/N
Hope you enjoyed 💙