SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN
Miller

"Wait, wait, wait." I look at Everest and watch as his smirk drops when realisation hits him. "Did she just break up with us?" He whispers, his eyes widening.

My eyebrows furrow as I struggle to comprehend what has just happened.

"She knows, and we've just taken her for a fool," I tell my best friends.

I never want to upset Callie and the fact that we have is killing me. It shocked me how she instantly knew and panic suddenly took over, and I worried if I admitted it that she'd leave.

But she left anyway.

"This is your fucking fault!" Everest exclaims at Phoenix who looks ready to swing his fist into his face.

I pinch the bridge of my nose.

I'm pretty sure the two are ready to have a full-blown fight but the door to our Callie's office flies wide open.

I'm honestly surprised at this point that the door hasn't come off the hinges.

"Mum?" Phoenix furrows his eyebrows and I turn my head to see the mixed-race lady staring at her son with a scowl on her face.

"Have you upset, Callie? I've just seen the poor girl in tears!" My heart sinks at her words.

Annie adores Callie so I'm not surprised that she's come in very angry.

"He has, Mrs. Young," Everest speaks up, and I mentally facepalm my face at the immature man.

"Shut the fuck up!" Phoenix shoves Everest making him stumble into a bookshelf.

"Phoenix!" His mum scolds and it instantly makes his back straighten. "I did not raise you to beat people up."

I can't help but scoff and chuckle lightly.

Phoenix practically beats everyone up.

"She knows about the other side of the business, and we were being complete idiots. We didn't take her seriously, Annie," I admit to the older woman, and she shakes her head in disbelief.

"Callie is a strong young woman, she doesn't need things to be sugar-coated for her. Do you understand me?" She tilts her head and all three of us nod our heads. "I understand you three love her very much, but this is probably very overwhelming for her."

I have to take a seat when I realise how selfish we've been. We've only thought about our need for her that we failed to realise that we're going way too fast for her to catch up.

"You all need to apologise to her." She points a finger at us, and we all nod again.

"I'll talk to her." Annie smiles at me. "May I ask why you're here, I thought you were staying in Antigua for a little longer?" I question.

Annie's mother was from Antigua and her father was from England, but unfortunately, they both died in a plane crash. Annie is very familiar with the other side of our business and she knows deep down what happened to her parent's was not an accident.

"We have a huge problem." She sighs, unbuttoning the button to her pink suit jacket. "A very huge problem."

My face hardens.

•••

Phoenix and I arrive home at around seven in the evening. I step out of the car and look up at the window to see the lights on in Callie's bedroom.

"Are you gonna speak to her?" Phoenix questions and I turn to look at him to see his eyes also on her bedroom window. "I don't want to lose her."

"We won't. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure we don't lose her." I pat his shoulder, and he nods his head slowly. "I'm going to tell her everything, Phoenix." He tenses at my words and runs his hand stressfully down his face.