dr. kim

He wakes up to a sharp pain in his neck. He has slid down a bit, but his head is still leaning against the headboard, which is probably the reason he has woken up. That and the extreme heat the has him sweating in his thick hoodie.

He wants to kick the sheets away, his body aching for cold air. But a look down his body tells him, that he isn't exactly in possession of a blanket. Instead, the heat radiates from the body that is curled up in the sheets, with its head and upper body pressed against Taehyung's side, one arm wrapped around his waist.

Okay, okay, holy shit.

What now?

Piece by piece the events of last night come back to him, explaining the situation his has just woken up to. Or at least partly. He still doesn't get one thing. Why him? Why did Jungkook think of him out of all people he could have called?
From what Yugyeom has told him before he moved out, Jungkook is slowing starting to get close to his old friends again. So why did he call Taehyung in the middle of the night? And why does the boy keep having these kinds of breakdowns? It's clear that something has happened. Taehyung can only guess that it has something to do with Jungkook's old brother. But what exactly... he doesn't know.

Look at you, he thinks to himself, nearly laughing at the absurdity of him laying in bed with someone, anyone for that matter, starring at their sleeping face while worrying about their problems.

Part of Taehyung wants to know and part of him doesn't. He already feels for the other, thinking about him way too much for him just being his Uber driver who has become somewhat of a friend over the last couple of weeks.

What if it is something really, really messed up? What if ... He shakes his head. No, he is not going to assume anything. Jungkook will tell him if he'll want to.

Taehyung looks outside the window where to rain is still pouring down on the streets of Seoul. To him, it feels like it has been raining for ages. But with the other by his sides, he doesn't mind actually. Still, the hug, if you can call it that, is hot and a little too much for Taehyung to handle, now that he is fully awake. And so, he frees himself, though with a little restraint. He quickly gets ready for work, drinking a cup of coffee and eating some leftovers from the fridge. He doesn't want to wake the other and so he decides to send him a text, informing him that he has left for the day-care centre.

He is about to head for the door, standing in the doorway and searching for his umbrella when Jungkook's voice calls for him from the bedroom. The sleep in his voice makes it sound raspy and deeper then usually, sending a chill down Taehyung spin. He quickly jogs to the room where he finds the other sitting in bed, eyes nearly open.

"Hi" he breathes, unable to take his eyes of the sleepy looking boy in his bed.

"Hi" Jungkook greets back, rubbing his eyes.

There is a silence and Taehyung curses himself for having no idea what to say in such a situation. Why does he never, ever have a clue what to say?!

"Listen" Jungkook clears his throat, his voice still sounding raspy nonetheless and Taehyung is happy it does. "I'm really sorry that I barged in here last night... eh-" he ends abruptly, seemingly unable to collect his thoughts.

"It's okay. Really." Taehyung assures him and he means it. He really does. Granted, he may still be confused as to why the other called him out of all people, but that doesn't mean he is mad about it. Still, Jungkook doesn't look all too happy with himself, ruffling his hair and then starring at his hands.

"It's alright, I swear." Taehyung tries again, offering him a smile that Jungkook probably misses as he is still looking at his hands.

"Okay" he mutters, and it becomes silent again.