Chapter Two

"Tanjiro-kun jump!"
"(Y/n)-chan there is hole close to you! Go left!"
Shouting like this was heard everyday for the past two months from the forest. The two teenagers became friends, sharing some of their life stories and dreams. (Y/n) found out that Tanjiro's family got killed by a demon and Nezuko survived but was turned into a demon.
What worried the two was that Nezuko in the past two months didn't wake up at all.
"Now you two go and do sword practice."
"Yes!"

"997,998,999...1000!" Tanjiro and (Y/n) chanted while swinging their swords at each other.
'Finish-'
"Do another 500." Urokodaki commanded from his position causing the two to look at each other in disbelief.
'Is he insane?!'
"Now!"
The shout made them jump up and start all over again.
"1,2,3..."

It was night time now, Tanjiro was sitting at the desk writing in his journal while (Y/n) was sitting next to a sleeping Nezuko,playing with her hair from time to time.
"She hasn't woken up since we arrived." Tanjiro commented, obviously worried for his sister. (Y/n) looked at the girl in worry and turned to the older Kamado with a small smile.
"Don't worry Tanjiro-kun, I am sure if something was seriously wrong, Urokodaki-sama would have informed us."
Getting up, the girl sat down next to Tanjiro, who quickly closed his journal. This made her confused,but shrugged it off, it is his personal belonging after all.
"H-hey (Y/n)-chan...can I ask you something?" Tanjiro asked, nervous about her answer,but her gentle smile and nod relaxed him.
"Sure Tanjiro-kun."
"You know...You told me you ran away from home, is it alright if I ask you why?"
There was a pause between the two and Tanjiro started scolding himself.
'You idiot! You made sweet (Y/n) uncomfortable-'
"Uhh sure...You see, I already told you my parents are well off people and to make sure I end up with someone of my class they arranged a marriage between me and a family friend's son..." (Y/n) explained, not noticing Tanjiro's hands clench into fists and eyes having a strange glint in them.
"You...did you like this guy?"
'If you did I might have to kill him!'
"Oh no! He was a close acquaintance at most, so the arranged marriage was out of the blue. So Takahashi-sama, who was my maid, helped me escape. Now I just want to become a demon slayer and live a free life!" (Y/n) said in a cheerful manner, causing Tanjiro to calm down.
'Oh good, because you are mine and I will make you my wife one day.' He thought.
"Well I hope we can stay in contact after the training is over."
"About that... Can I ask you something Tanjiro-kun?"
"Sure (Y/n)-chan!"
"Could we maybe be partners and travel together once we are apart of the corps? I don't want to be alone and you and Nezuko are really good companions."
Tanjiro's mind went blank at the girl's words.
'She wants to stay...with ME! She wants to be with ME! Oh I just knew we were meant to be together!'
"Of course!" The boy took (Y/n)'s hands in his and moved closer to her.
"I couldn't ask for a better partner (Y/n)-chan!"
The girl blushed at the closeness and gave him gentle smile.
"Then let's work together and find a cure for Nezuko-chan!"
"Yes!"
For (Y/n) this was a simple promise to help people she saw as friends, but to Tanjiro it was basically a promise of them staying together forever.
'She is truly an angel! And I will protect her and Nezuko with my life! (Y/n)-chan and I will be forever together from now on!'

The two were now charging at Urokodaki with their swords for the 20th time that day, but the results were the same, them being thrown to the ground.
'Wow he is really strong! He is able to block our attacks with just his bare hands!' (Y/n) thought, amazed by the older man's skills. Tanjiro didn't like the look on her face, he wanted her to look at him like that.
'Look at me like that (Y/n)-chan!' He charged at the water hashira again, only to be thrown to the ground again.
"Are you alright Tanjiro-kun?" She asked.
"Yeah..."

Six months have passed since Tanjiro and Nezuko arrived. The little girl's state hasn't changed much. Both students were worried over her, but a doctor Urokodaki called told them she was healthy, but couldn't explain why she was sleeping for so long.
(Y/n) did her best to keep Tanjiro calm, after training they would usually walk around the forest a little and talk about the most random things.
Their friendship bond became a lot stronger over time, even though Tanjiro clearly saw (Y/n) in a more romantic light, he tried to keep it low for now. He didn't want to scare her off after all.