Chapter Fifty-Six

I'll be honest, I won't make any excuses. I just had no motivation to write this book, Idk what was going on there, tbh. Thanks to anyone who stayed behind to read!

"What?! Urokodaki-sama is your father?!" Tanjiro exclaimed in surprise as the duo were out in the garden, waiting for Zenitsu and Inosuke to join them.
"Yeah... seems like it. He gave me some letters he and Takahashi-san wrote to each other. This is quite a lot of information at once." (Y/n) explained, looking down as hers and Tanjiro's crow kept running around. The boy hummed in acknowledgment and looked up at the sky, taking in everything (Y/n) had told him.
"I still can't believe we survived the battle with Upper 5 and 4... I just wonder why they disappeared just like that." (Y/n) hummed at Tanjiro's statement, just as confused as he was. All those Upper moons they fought previously could have easily killed them, so why would they disappear like that?

'What is Muzan planning now? And that Upper moon 5... he is very strong, just how easily he poisoned without touching or injuring me.' She shook her head and looked back at Tanjiro, who started speaking again.
"What do you think is Kibutsuji's next move? Another village?"
"Who knows? It could be anyone. But with how worried everyone is getting about Ubuyashiki-sama, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried attacking him." (Y/n) said as the boy looked at her in surprise.
"Where did you hear that?"
"Genya told me so this morning. He said his brother, that Wind Hashira, is going to be patrolling the Ubuyashiki estate in the next few days."
"Genya? He is here too?" Tanjiro asked with a raised eyebrow as (Y/n) nodded her head, laughing a little.
"Yeah, you should have seen him this morning. I would have never guessed that being around girls would make him as nervous as it did."

"He is shy then?" Tanjiro asked in amusement and (Y/n) nodded her head.
"Yeah, it's pretty endearing if you ask me." Tanjiro clenched his fists at the smile (Y/n) had on her face. He loved seeing her smile, but he wanted to be the cause for it, not Genya. Clearing his throat, he was about to speak up again, and he gently taped her shoulder.
"Hey, how about we go inside and eat-"
"Tanjiro." The boy froze in his spot as he heard Urokodaki's voice, and the duo turned to look at the former Hashira in surprise.
"Urokodaki-sama?!"
"Dad?" Tanjiro and (Y/n) said at the same time as the man stared at them passively.
"Can you leave (Y/n) and I alone for a moment?"

"S-sure!" The burgundy haired boy quickly nodded his head, the deadly aura Urokodaki was giving off was enough to make the boy agree to whatever he wanted.
Once alone, (Y/n) looked over at the former Hashira.
"What was it that you wanted to talk about? You left in such a hurry that I couldn't even ask you any questions." The girl raised an eyebrow as Urokodaki nodded his head.
"Yeah, I wanted us to have some alone time. I want to answer all your questions as best as possible." The man chuckled, patting the girl's head as he lead her to a quieter part of the garden.

Not far away, Aoi and Kanao were observing their interaction, and as happy as they were for (Y/n), they were also a little worried.
"Do you think... (Y/n) will eventually leave us to live with Urokodaki-sama?" Kanao blurted out as Aoi looked at her as if she had 3 heads.
"What? Don't be ridiculous! (Y/n) hasn't known him as her father for too long! I am sure she won't leave us. There is no way she will." Aoi answered, trying to convince both herself and Kanao at this point. All the two girls could do was watch and listen to their laughters in the distance.

"And you idiot couldn't inform me sooner that Urokodaki is her dad?!" Tengen yelled at Giyu, who kept his usual stoic face. The Sound, Water, and Fire Hashiras were sitting at a local restaurant while talking about the recent information they got during the meeting. Well, that was the plan, at least...
"You never asked. And besides, that was on Urokodaki-sama to say."
"So I am guessing you and Sanemi got quite an earful." Rengoku chuckled as Tengen gave him a side glare, confirming the statement.
"Rengoku, you are the least one shocked by all of this. Why?" Tengen asked as Giyu nodded in agreement.
"I expected you to be a little bit surprised."