Chapter Fourty-Nine

I love these Rengoku emojis sm: 🥯🍩

After (Y/n) was finally released from Mitsuri's hold, she calmed down a little and the two demons hunters were talking about random things.
"I am so excited that both you and Tanjiro-kun are here! Is his little sister with him too?" Mitsuri asked as (Y/n) nodded her head.
"Yeah! She stayed with him thought and he is looking for Haganezuka-san."
"The swordsmith? Why?" Mitsuri wondered.
"His sword got chopped a little on our last mission, but the swordsmith doesn't want to make him a new one. So we kind of came here to convince and change his mind."
Mitsuri nodded her head, still a little unsure why the swordsmith was mad, the ones she knew always gladly repaired the swords.

"Oh! If you have any time left, we could go and get some tea and mochi! It's really delicious here in the inn!" Mitsuri said with her usual bright smile. Thinking over for a moment, (Y/n) nodded her head as she did feel a little hungry.
"That's a great idea! Let's go and get dressed then!"
(Y/n) said as the Hashira excitedly nodded her head, then went to look for the kimono the inn provided her with.
'She is really sweet! Finally one Hashira who is pleasant to talk to!' (Y/n) thought as she got out of the hot spring.

"So Rengoku-san used to be your teacher? Now that I think of it, your personalities really fit each other!"
(Y/n) said as the two were walking through the forest and back to the inn. Mitsuri giggles and nodded her head as she continued talking.
"Yeah! We always used to have food eating and sparing competitions. It was really fun, sometimes his little brother would join us."
"You mean Senjuro-kun?"
"You met him?" Mitsuri asked, surprised since the boy never wandered off too far from the estate.
"Yeah, Rengoku-san invited me for some tea a few days back. The boy seems quite nice, but a little tense."
(Y/n) told Mitsuri, who looked at her with a wide smile and eyes.
'How cute! Rengoku and (Y/n) out on a date! I wish that was me~'

"Hm? Who is that?"
Mitsuri woke up from her thoughts and looked at the direction (Y/n) was pointing.
'That... that's the boy from the Final selection! I saw him a few times at Shinobu-san's place too! What was his name again?!' (Y/n) wondered as she saw the boy with the black mohawk walk towards them.
"Oh maybe a new friend?" The Love hashira said excitedly and waved in his direction.
"Wait, Kanroji-san I don-"
The (h/c) girl tried to stop the Hashira from yelling, but sadly it was to no avail.
"Hello! How are you today?!"
The boy stopped in his tracks and looked at the two for a few moments. (Y/n) watched as the boy's face turned red and instead of saying anything ran into the forest. The girl was left stunned by this, but on the other hand she couldn't blame his reaction.
'A random stranger calling out for you in the forest is just a no go.'

"Wah! I was ignored! I just wanted to be nice!" Mitsuri's crying woke (Y/n) up from her thoughts as the pinkette hugged her arm for comfort.
"That was so mean!"
(Y/n) tried to calm the Love hashira down.
"Kanroji-san it's alright, he was probably just overwhelmed... I... I heard that dinner will be ready soon!" (Y/n) said, noting the was Mitsuri's expression changed into a cheerful one.
"Really?!"
"Yeah! The receptionist said they used matsutake mushrooms."
The nature breather sweat dropped at how quickly the Hashira's demeanor changed.
"Alright! Let's hurry! I didn't eat anything!"
Mitsuri took (Y/n)'s hand into hers and they both ran down the path to where the inn was.
'She sure loves food... Her and Giyu seem like the nicest ones so far.' (Y/n) smiled, not even angry with how tightly she was grabbing her hand.

"Huh? Isn't that Tanjiro down there?" (Y/n) said loudly as they were reaching the bottom of the mountain, Mitsuri's eyes widening at the familiar figure.
"It is! Are you two always together?" The pinkette wondered, looking back at (Y/n).
"Yeah! Since our training with Urokodaki-san actually!" (Y/n) answered as Mitsuri's mind already made a picture of everything.
'A love triangle! How could Rengoku compete with someone she knew for so long! How tragic for him!'