Chapter Sixteen

'This is so awkward...' (Y/n) whined inside as she quietly ate her food, the Flame Hashira sat across from her, not uttering a single word, just eating.
'I wish Tanjiro-kun,Zenitsu-san and Inosuke-san were here. At least it wouldn't be this quiet...'
"So since when are you in the Corps?" Looking up, she saw the Flame Hashira smiling down at her and (Y/n) quickly composed herself.
"Ohh ummm not for too long... A month or so..."
"Do you like your job so far?"
"Ahh it is very dangerous, but I have my friends with me so it makes missions easy to handle."
"Oh? So you have a group you work with?" The Hashira asked,sounding excited.
"Yes! One of them...I know him since our training days, since we trained under the same Hashira." This caught Rengoku's interest and he stopped eating for a moment.
"Oh? Which one?"
"Urokodaki-sama, he was the Water Hashira as far as I know."
"Ahh...So you use the Water technique then."
"No not exactly..." (Y/n) answered while rubbing the back of her neck.
"I use Nature breathing-"
"Huh?! Nature breathing?! The last Nature Hashira we had was like 20 years ago!" Rengoku yelled with a grin, causing (Y/n) to move away a little.
"Yes, you mean Takahashi-sama?"
"Mhmm! You know her?"
"For a long time you can say..." Was the only thing he girl answered, as much as Rengoku looked and acted friendly, she didn't want to say too much. Looking at the clock, (Y/n) got up from her seat and said her goodbyes to the Hashira, before leaving the room.
"This was so awkward... Sitting with your seniors is so awkward..." She chanted while walking into her room.
"Caw! Now why are you acting like walking on eggshells? Caw!" Her crow asked while landing on her pillow.
"I was sitting with a Hashira for the past 30 minutes? How am I supposed to act?!"
"Caw! Seeing someone uncomfortable around Rengoku-san was not what I was expecting of this day! Caw!"
"Shut up." She told the bird and looked outside the window, night was already falling and she wondered what Tanjiro and the rest could be doing.
"Caw! If you wonder about your friends, they are to head out on a mission! Caw! You will go meet them tomorrow!" Her crow landed on her head.
"Huh? Didn't you tell me to rest?"
"Caw! There were problems at Mt Natagumo, where they are, so they will need extra help! For now just rest! Caw!"
(Y/n) nodded her head and laid down on the futon that was set up for her.
"At what time am I leaving?"
"Dawn!"

With Rengoku...
The Hashira smiled cheerfully while walking down the hallway to his room.
"(Y/n) huh?" He said to himself, remembering the girl's scared look she had during dinner.
Laughing a little, the man sat down on the floor of his room.
"What an amusing girl...Hmmm I wonder how long she will be staying here... No matter, I will talk to her tomorrow about it, she seems nice so I better make her feel more comfortable around me."

The next morning (Y/n) got dressed, ate her breakfast and said her farewells to the woman who welcomed her.
"Good luck in your fight my child!"
"Thank you for everything, goodbye!"
"Caw! Head north! (Y/n) (L/n) head north to Mt Natagumo!"
"Yes yes! I heard it the first time!" She yawned and ran after her crow. She needed to arrive there as quickly as possible.
'You better be alive you three!'

A short time later Rengoku woke up and was eating breakfast, waiting for the girl to come eat too.
"Huh? It's already 9... Shouldn't she be awake by now?"
Rengoku watched as the older woman walked into the room and decided to ask her.
"Excuse me?"
"Yes, Rengoku-san?"
"The girl from last night, where is she? Shouldn't she be up by now to eat?"
'I hope she didn't fall sick or anything...'
"Ahh you mean (Y/n)-san! She had a mission to attend so she left at dawn." The woman kindly answered and continued doing her chores.
'Hmm so she is gone already? I don't like this... I wanted to speak with her more and now she is probably off with that group of hers...' Rengoku's smile tightened and he left his half eaten food, going back to his room.
'I wonder if I can get Ubuyashiki-sama to transfer her so she could work for me...'

With (Y/n)
Arriving at Mt Natagumo, she was quite shocked to see how dense the forest actually is.
"There is barely any light here..."
"Caw! The perfect place for the Spider demons." Her crow commented.
"Spider demons?"
"Yes! This mountain is their home! The spider family here is very feared, due to the head being a memeber of the Twelve Kizuki. Their webs can control you like a puppet! So better watch out! A lot of demon hunters have been killed or are trapped here." (Y/n) quietly took in all the information she was getting, fear growing inside of her.
'So a Twelve Kizuki is here... This isn't good, alone I will not be able to handle it... Wait!'
"Did you just say killed?!" (Y/n) asked, but her crow was already gone, sighing she walked further inside, looking out for those spider webs.