Chapter Fourty-One

I hope the staff that was in charge of animating Douma is well fed and taken good care of!

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yelled as he saw his sister kick Daki into one of the houses and following after her, clearly not thinking straight and looking around frantically.
"We need to stop her before she attacks someone! Nezuko-chan has lost herself!" (Y/n) panicked as they both ran into the building, just in time to see the young demon attack one of the women.
"No don't!" (Y/n) yelled as she jumped in front of the injured woman and Tanjiro at Nezuko, blocking her teeth with his sword.
"No don't do it, Nezuko! Endure it!"
"Are you alright? Let me see your hand." (Y/n) said calmly as the woman moved away a little.
"Please, I won't hurt you. But we need to stop the bleeding." The (h/c) girl argued, growing nervous that Daki or another demon will come to the house.

"(Y/n)! You take care of the people here, and I will take care of Nezuko-" Tanjiro's frantic yelling got interrupted as Nezuko jumped up, breaking through the ceiling into a different room.
"What the?!" The woman next (Y/n) yelled in panic as she hid behind her.
'Gods...'
"Let's go! I will bring you somewhere safer than here." The demon hunter declared as she picked the woman up and ran to a different direction.
"Where are we even going?!" The woman asked.
"Somewhere far away from this place! Two demons are inside there, and with such a wound you aren't safe. Just hold on tight." (Y/n) said, picking up her peace as the woman's hold on her tightened.

Back in the building, Tanjiro was struggling to keep Nezuko away from all the people in the room as they tried to escape, but his already weakened state was making it harder to keep up.
"Nezuko please... please come back to your senses! This isn't how things are supposed to be! You are supposed to protect humans." Tanjiro yelled, feeling helpless as he smelled Daki approaching them. She already looked pissed because of the burn marks Nezuko left on her, what made things worse is that she wasn't healing.
"Now you have really done it. You can use a blood demon technique? And a rather curious one that burns you to the point where regenerating isn't working." Daki growled as she glared at the siblings, her sashes already preparing for another attack.
'Think Tanjiro... think! What can I do? Her sashes will attack any moment and I can't leave Nezuko unsupervised with all these people around.' He grew more and more frustrated.
"Hey, isn't this Kamado Nezuko? She is flamboyantly progressing into a demon now!" Uzui's voice startled Tanjiro as he looked up at the man, who was now standing in front of them.
'Where did he come from?!'
"You and (Y/n) made such a huge show in front of Oyakata-sama, just for this to happen?!" Uzui yelled at the already annoyed boy.
"So annoying. I am talking over here!"
Uzui stopped his scolding and turned to look at Daki with a disinterested look on his face.
"Buzz off. You are not an Upper Moon demon. You are way too weak to be one."
Daki's eyes widened and the trio watched as her head fell into her hands, staring intensely at the Sound hashira.
"Huh?"
'Amazing! He cut her head off without anyone of us noticing.' Tanjiro's eyes widened as he looked at Uzui and back at Daki.
"Hey!" The burgundy haired boy flinched as he looked up at the man.
"The fight isn't over yet! Do something about your sister." Uzui argued, pointing at the black haired demon.
"Dumb brats who grumble have no place in the battle field. Sing her a lullaby or something."  Uzui suggested as Nezuko pushed herself and her brother out of the room and onto the street.
"Nezuko please..." Tanjiro said as he tried to hold the girl back, the Hashira just observing them from afar.
'How annoying... but if I let her go on and kill someone, that would mean both the Kamados will be taken out of the corpse and executed.' Uzui narrowed his eyes as he thought about it.
'Which could make it a lot easier for me to isolate (Y/n) from the others. Oyakata-sama would be easy to convince to just throw (Y/n) out of the corpse. She will have nobody after that.' Uzui grinned to himself as he waited for Nezuko to break out of Tanjiro's grip.

"Nezuko... remember the lullaby mom sang to us?" Tanjiro started, trying to remember how it went as he leaned in closer.
"Knock knock...little bunny from the little mountain. Why are your ears so long?
When she was small, my mother ate the leaves of a tall tree, and that's why my tears are so long."
The familiar tune and lyrics made Nezuko freeze up, and a long forgotten memory of her mother singing her that song played inside her head.
"Knock knock...little bunny from the little mountain. Why are your eyes so red?
When she was small, my mother ate a fruit from a red tree. So that's why my eyes are red."
Seeing her mother's smile broke something inside Nezuko and she started crying. Tanjiro watched in panic as his sister started shrinking again, her horns disappearing as well as the markings on her body.
He watched in relief as his sister returned back to her size from before and fell asleep next to him.
"Oh good, she is asleep no. Mother, she is asleep." Tanjiro sighed in relief as he hugged his sister.