Chapter Fourty-Six

Douma was a real legend when he said: Men? Ew!

'Is it another mission or something?'
Was the thought running through (Y/n)'s head as she put on her uniform.
"I really wish to sleep more..."
She mumbled and walked out of the room to where the rest of her friends were.
"I am not taking it!"
Zenitsu's yelling echoed from down the hallway and (Y/n) flinched a little at his loudness.
"Zenitsu you need to take the medicine or else you will be bedridden for more days than necessary!" Tanjiro tried to reason and Inosuke yelled at the two to shut up.
Giggling, (Y/n) walked into the room, only to find Zenitsu cornered by Tanjiro and Inosuke crawling on top of the ceiling.

"Inosuke! Get down from there before you break something!" (Y/n) said in panic as the boar boy looked down at her in surprise.
"I am not that fragile! Who do you take me for, woman?!" Inosuke yelled back and jumped down in front of her.
"Where are you going anyways? We didn't get assigned on anything yet!" The boar boy questioned as he inspected (Y/n)'s clothes, which ended up catching the other two's attention.
"Yeah, we were told that we are supposed to be on bedrest." Zenitsu said as him and Tanjiro walked up to the two.

"I am not going on a mission. Rengoku-san requested me for some reason, so I will be absent today." (Y/n) said nonchalantly as they froze up in their spots.
"What?! Why?!" Zenitsu asked, causing (Y/n) to move away from how loud he was.
"I don't know really...maybe a mission? Regardless, I will find out once I speak to him. How are you three doing?"
"Better. My headache is still killing me though." Tanjiro said, rubbing the sore spot on his forehead.
"I just don't want that medicine anymore. It tastes like dirt." Zenitsu cringed as he saw the bottle the burgundy haired boy was holding.

"Just drink it, Zenitsu. You need to get better since we will need you."
(Y/n) smiled as Zenitsu's face turned red and started swinging his body left and right.
"You need me?"
Gulping nervously, she moved away a little as Zenitsu leaned in closer.
"Uhmm...well sure, we all do-"
"Oh~ (Y/n)-chan I will do my best to get better and protect you. I love you~"
The said girl started running away from him, but Zenitsu ended up following after her, which caused them to run around in a circle.
"Zenitsu-san, you need to protect other people. Not me."
Growing annoyed, Tanjiro and Inosuke started chasing the blonde boy.
"Stop making her uncomfortable."
"Monitsu! Leave her alone."
The door to the hospital room opened, revealing Shinobu and Aoi looking at the four in confusion.
"What even?" The insect Hashira muttered as Aoi facepalmed.
"(Y/n)-chan~ (Y/n)-chan let's get married!"
"What?!"
"Zenitsu!"

"You want me to take Nezuko with me? Wouldn't you want her to be closer with you?" (Y/n) wondered as both her and Tanjiro stood outside the estate, the boy holding the box Nezuko was in.
"It might be better if she goes with you. And you never know if you might need some extra help at night." Tanjiro commented as (Y/n) thought it over for a moment.
"Only if you want! I don't want to burden you but..."
"It's not a bother! Don't worry, I will take her with me!" (Y/n) said quickly as she took the box from her friend.
Tanjiro smiled gently as both him and (Y/n) said their goodbyes. The burgundy haired boy looking sadly at the girl's retreating figure.
'I don't know if it's a gut feeling... but I rather have someone with her. Just in case.'

"Caw! North! North you go!" The craw chanted while landing on (Y/n)'s head.
"Got it! Here you go~"
The girl said while giving her crow come bread crumbs. While the animal happily ate the food, (Y/n) looked up at the sky. It was a very peacful and warm day, and the girl decided to enjoy some of the quiet time she had.
"It's so weird to go on a mission without Tanjiro or the rest. Well at least Nezuko is with me... don't you think so?" (Y/n) wondered as she looked up at her crow.
"Craw! Not really! I always have to fly alone when I am given assignments." The animal argued while finishing the food.
"True, I envy you at times for having some alone time." She muttered absent-mindedly.
"Didn't you have any company before joining the corps?" The crow questioned.
"I do have 2 brothers, but we were never really close, same goes for my parents. The most I had was Takahashi-san and some of the maids who were willing enough to play with me."