Chapter Twenty-One

''Zenitsu-san just drink the medicine already... The sooner you do so, the sooner it will be over...“ (Y/n) said as she watched the blonde boy tremble while holding the cup.
''(Y/n)-chan is right, we need to be out of here as soon as possible. You know we still need to find more demons.'' Tanjiro nodded while thanking Aoi for his medicine.
''You two are insane!'' Zenitsu yelled suddenly and glared over at the confused duo.
''How can you be excited about fighting more of these monsters?!''
Tanjiro went over to calm Zenitsu down, annoyed and embarrassed, while (Y/n) watched the two boys with a soft smile.
''Here is yours (Y/n)-san.'' Aoi said as she handed the (h/c) girl a cup, which the older gladly received.
''Thank you Aoi-san!'' The black haired girl blushed a little and nodded.
''W-welcome...'' She added while looking away.
''Huh? Are you alright? You don't have a fever right?'' (Y/n) asked in worry as the blue eyed girl mumbled 'I'm fine' and walking out of the room, one of the helpers following her.
'That was strange...' (Y/n) thought as she drank the medicine, not noticing the way the two fighting boys watched the now closed door with narrowed eyes.

A few days later...
''I can barely move.'' (Y/n) stated as Zenitsu kept clinging onto her.
''P-please I don't want to go! I will die during this training!'' The blonde boy said as his grip around her shoulders tightened.
''You won't! It's just training Zenitsu-san, you went through worse with your master.''
'I know Tanjiro-kun and I did!' (Y/n) finished in her mind, shuddering as she remembered the way Urokodaki was.
''What does that mean?!'' 
''Hey you two, hurry up-'' Tanjiro stopped dead in his tracks as he entered the room, not liking the way the two were close to each other.
''Sorry Tanjiro-kun,Zenitsu doesn't want to go.''(Y/n) said, trying to get the boy off of her.
Nodding his head, the younger boy took a deep breath and walked over to the two and with a quick move seperated them, surprising (Y/n) and agitating Zenitsu in the process.
''Huh?''
''Hey, (Y/n) I need to talk with Zenitsu about something. You and Inosuke can go ahead.''
''Alright... just don't be late!'' (Y/n) said and walked out of the room, deciding not to question the sudden change of his mood, maybe it was something serious between them, she thought.
Once they were alone, the two turned and looked at each other with a glare.
''What's your issue? You could have just told us to move.'' Zenitsu said coldly.
''My issue? You have been clinging onto (Y/n) since day one! Man up and leave her alone.''
''The right guy is talking? I see the way look and cling onto her whenever you think nobody is looking.'' Zenitsu smirked as he watched Tanjiro glare harder at him.
''You are not any better than I am, it's just that I don't see the reason to hide my interest. But anyways, at the end of the day, (Y/n)-chan only sees you as a partner, and that will forever stay that way. You want to know why?'' Zenitsu walked up closer to Tanjiro.
''Because you are a coward. If you were the half of the man you play yourself as, you would be honest with your feelings towards her. But by the time you realise, (Y/n)-chan will be mine, and far away from you.'' Zenitsu giggled and walked out of the room, his sinister expression disappearing and his fake crybaby face returning.
''(Y/n)-chan! Don't leave me alone in this scary place!''
Taking a few deep breaths, Tanjiro clenched his fists and looked down on the ground.
'I need to do something fast... I wil not let anyone take her from me. I love her too much to risk that.'

''Alright, since you will be joining us from today on Zenitsu, I will explain the process again.'' Aoi stated as the four sat in front of her.
(Y/n) noticed Kanao sitting further in front of them and gave her a small vawe. Noticing the movement, the girl blushed a little and nodded back.
Aoi pointed at the three girls standing next to the four futons.
''Those girls will make your bodies limber again after having been bed-ridden for so long.''
The trio grabbed Inosuke and stretched him out,all the while Zenitsu kept watching in horror as the boar boy kept crying in pain, meanwhile Tanjiro and (Y/n) just watched emotionlessly, already used to this process.
''Next is reflex training.'' Aoi turned to look at Kanao with cups in front of her.
''Each one of these cups contains medicated water. The objective is to pick up the cup and throw the medicated water at each other,but if your oponent blocks your cup, you can't move it anymore.''
(Y/n) was then moved to sit in front of Kanao as the boys watched the purple eyed girl block all of (Y/n)'s possible attacks and throwing the water on her.
'This one!' She grabbed onto the cup, but Kanao moved quicker and blocked her cup, throwing water at the (h/c) girl again.
'Maybe next time...' She sighed sadly and got up to sit back with her friends.
''A positive is that you were faster this time.'' Tanjiro said softly, handing her a towel.
''Really?!'' (Y/n) asked in excitement as the burgundy haired boy nodded.
Kanao watched the two talking, feeling a little jealous at their closeness.
'Should I talk to her later?'
''And the next part is full body training.'' Aoi announced. ''That means you will be playing a game of tag. You four will be up against myself, Aoi and Kanao.''
There was a small silence between the four, but suddenly Zenitsu raised his hand.
''Excuse me?''
''Is there something you don't understand?'' Aoi asked as all of them watched the boy get up.
''No, it's just, Tanjiro, Inosuke, come over here.''
''Huh?''
''Not going.'' Inosuke mumbled. Suddenly Zenitsu started yelling insults at the two boys as he dragged them out of the room and into the garden, the girls watching them in shock and confusion.
''Are they always like that?'' Aoi asked as she looked over at (Y/n), who was blushing from the embarrassment.
''At times... But they don't mean any harm!'' (Y/n) added as Aoi nodded and walked over to help the three shorter girls from before.
''You have the patience of a saint if you can put up with it all the time.'' Aoi mumbled.
''Hmm?'' (Y/n) thought as she walked to the cups, observing them and trying to come up with a quicker attack for the next time.
'I need to finish this reflex training... the tag game is a piece of cake but this one is just not doing great at all...'
'Pretty... I wonder if we could convince her to stay here instead... It will be much safer for her.' Kanao thought as she smiled softly at the girl.