Chapter Seventeen

"(Y/n)-chan you are alright! How did the mission go?! Did you get hurt too much?" Tanjiro asked while inspecting the girl's wounds. This action annoyed Inosuke a lot, so he pushed him away and pulled (Y/n) closer to him.
"Hey! What's the big deal?!" (Y/n) looked at Inosuke in confusion who then cleared his throat.
"Oh...ugh...nothing! We just need to hurry up! I want to kill more demons!" Inosuke yelled, taking his swords out, Tanjiro sent him a menacing glare but decided to keep his mouth shut, for now.
"But where is Zenitsu-san you two? Shouldn't you be together?"
The two tensed up and looked at (Y/n), they weren't sure where exactly he was.
"You see, Zenitsu stayed behind and we lost him... We are trying to find the rest of the spider demons now." Tanjiro explained.
(Y/n) nodded her head, understanding the situation a little better now.
"Well we should go and look out for now, Zenitsu-san will be alright. He is strong he will handle it!" (Y/n) smiled at the two but it quickly vanished when she noticed the gloomy aura around the two.
"Huh? Did I say something wrong?"
Tanjiro and Inosuke shook their heads quickly, not wanting to see her worried.
"No... Let's go then." Inosuke said and started walking off, the other two following him shortly after.
'I wonder what got them so upset... Maybe they are just tired!' (Y/n) concluded, not giving the situation much thought.
'I hate this! How can she have full trust in a weakling like him?! That trust should be for me only!' Inosuke's grip on his swords tightened as her words from before kept repeating inside his head.
'First she gives out compliments to Inosuke and now to Zenitsu?! I miss the time it was just the two of us and Nezuko...'
"Ugh Inosuke-san... Shouldn't we take care of your wounds first?" (Y/n) stopped in her tracks and so did the other two.
"You are right. They seem serious, Inosuke-"
"What are you talking about you two?! I am completely fine! Come on now!" Tanjiro and (Y/n) looked at eact other for a moment before following after him to try and fix up his wounds.
"Inosuke-san please listen-"
"No!"
"But your wounds-"
"I said I'm fine!"
The duo watched him walk in front of them with concerne,but decided to shut up for now.
"Anyways, Tanjiro-kun did you know a member of the Twelve Kizuki is on this mountain?"
"Yes, I hope I will be able to get some of the blood for Tamayo-sama..." Tanjiro looked down, doubt clouding his mind but (Y/n)'s slap to the back made him wake up from the daydream.
"You will! After all you are not alone! Inosuke-san, Zenitsu-san and I are here!"
"You are right-"
"Hurry up you two!"
"Yes yes...''

With Zenitsu...
"Auch!" Zenitsu cried and pulled his hand closer to his chest.
"Caw! What happened?"
"Something just bit me..." Zenitsu answered, holding his hand in pain.
"I can't find (Y/n)-chan, Tanjiro or Inosuke anywhere! Where are they?!"
"They are probably around here-" the crow got cut off by Zenitsu's crying.
"What if these demons got to (Y/n)-chan and they ate her?! Or worse turned her into one of them?! She is too beautiful to be around these de-"
The crow got irritated and pecked the boy's forehead.
"Are you done yet?"
"Yeah..."
He started walking again,trying to think where the three of them could be, when he came to a halt seeing a two way path.
"Great now what?!" Zenitsu cringed a little when he smelled a awful scent coming from nearby.
"And what is this smell?!"
"Caw! Probably from demons!"
"What?! So are they close by?!" The crow said nothing at the question.
"Answer me!!"
Looking down on the ground, he saw a dozen of spiders crawling around and he backed away in disgust.
"And these noises the spiders make... It's so creepy..."
Hearing a much louder sound from behind him, Zenitsu yelled out in frustration:
"Be quiet! Stop moving around so much!"
Only to find a baby head on a spiders body making these sounds.
"What am I even looking at?!!!" He yelled and started running away.
"Why did that spider have a human face on it?! What is happening?! What is happening?!"
Zenitsu started running faster amd faster, the two birds having a harder time keeping up.
"Caw! Slow down!!"
"Like hell I will!! Please let this be a dream! If I wake up right now I promise I will work harder! Please let me wake up next to (Y/n)-chan and let her tell me it was a nightmare!"
Zenitsu started slowing down till he eventually came to a stop.
"LET ME WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!! (Y/N)-CHAN SAVE MEE!!"
"Caw! Zenitsu don't be so loud..." The crow told him, sounding concerned. Opening his eyes he looked over at the bird in confusion.
"Why?"
"Look up."
Following the bird's command, Zenitsu's eyes widened as he saw a house hanging on threads as well as people hanging around it.
'A-Are these people turning into spiders?Is the house floating?It seems I could vaguely see... Are those threads? Plus, the stench is unbearable. What a pungent stench.' Zenitsu covered his nose in disgust as the smell became more and more unbearable.