Chapter Eighteen

''Huh?''(Y/n) stopped in her tracks and looked over at the other side of the small river.
'Something is off...  I feel like there are more of our fellow hunters on the other side...But I can't tell from here...' She stared off into the forest with narrowed eyes, trying to figure out whoes energy it was. Tanjiro and Inosuke stopped in their tracks as well, confused with her sudden change of behaviour.
''(Y/n)-chan are you alright?'' Tanjiro asked in worry, walking closer to the girl.
''Tanjiro-kun... Inosuke-san... You two go without me from here.'' She told them while slowly crossing over the river. Both Iboys didn't like the idea of leaving her alone, so they started following after her.
''Hey girlie! You are not taking all the fun away from me!''
'I don't want you to get hurt idiot!' Inosuke thought. He wished he could say that out loud to her, but his ego wouldn't let him.
''You two...'' She sighed in frustration and turned to them, ''We don't have time for this now. The night isn't forever and we need to find the Kizuki as fast as possible. It would be for the best if we part for now. Take care you two.'' (Y/n) gripped onto her sword and ran off, not letting the boys to stop her. Tanjiro glared at the direction she disappeared, hands clanched into fists.
'Why will she never listen? She is much safer with me and only me... I need you with me here...' Sighing, Tanjiro shook his head and followed Inosuke silently. There was a slight tension between the two since (Y/n) left them alone.
'This sucks... I want to be with my (Y/n)-chan... But she will probably want us to get along, so I might do it for her...' Taking a deep breath, Tanjiro gave Inosuke a fake smile and spoke up.
"Hey now that I think of it, this is our first mission together, partner!"
"Listen! Don't come in my way! I will deal with the demon by myself!" Inosuke told him And they continued to walk in silence.
'This sucks! I wish girlie was here,at least it would be more enjoyable...'
"Say do you think you will be able to fight properly?" Tanjiro asked, examining all the injuries he got. Inosuke stopped in his tracks and looked at the burgundy haired boy in confusion.
"Why?! You think I am weak?!"
"Huh? No!" Tanjiro defended himself, "No, it's just your injuries look serious."

"I'm not injured!" The boar boy protested and Tanjiro looked at him with dotted eyes.
"

No, Inosuke!The injuries on your body are obvious to anyone with eyes!" Tanjiro tried to explain, but cut himself off as he felt a presence near by.
"A demon!" He warned as he noticed a white haired girl standing close to the forest entrance across the river.
'Because of the smell flowing throughout the entire mountain, I didn't notice her at all...' He thought, wanting to scold himself for not smelling her sooner.
"I'll cut her in half!" Inosuke took out his swords and ran to where the girl was.
"Damn you, demon!"
"Wait! Don't run! Inosuke!" Tanjiro yelled but the other boy wouldn't listen to him
"Father!" The girl yelled, clearly afraid of the two demon hunters.
"Who's your dad?" The board boy asked in confusion. Tanjiro picked up a unfamiliar smell coming closer to Inosuke and yelled.
"Inosuke! Watch out!" The board boy jumped away as a tall demon with long white hair and a slider head jumped out of nowhere.
"Stay away from my family!" The demon yelled and started smashing the ground
"I'm leaving the rest to you,father." The girl told him and ran off. The demon continued attacking Inosuke, who was blocking his attacks.
"He is fast!"
Tanjiro took out his sword and took a deep breath before jumping into the battle too.
"Breath of Water. Second Form.Water Wheel!" Tanjiro aimed at the demon's arm, only to watch in disbelief as his attack got blocked.
'No way...what is this?'
The demon roared and attacked the two, who were trying their best to avoid them.
'What is this demon? My sword didn't even pierce his flash. This isn't good... And (Y/n)-chan is gone too... I need to finish this fast and find her!'

With (Y/n)
"It has to be somewhere close by... They are here but...where? And all this demonic energy this mountain has isn't helping me..." (Y/n) stopped in her tracks and looked around, trying to figure out where the auras were coming from.
"Hmm... There is too much, I will try it another way..." She mumbled while taking out her sword and putting it down on the grass.
'Nature breathing. Third form. Uniting spirit.'
(Y/n) opened her eyes again and looked around, only to find the path to her left lighting up a light green color.
"This way then..." She sighed and ran off.
'I hope Tanjiro-kun and Inosuke-san can handle whatever they are facing right now... I'm worried about Zenitsu-san too...'
As she kept coming closer to the unknown demon, she smelled a strange stench.
'Hmmm? What is this smell-' (Y/n) stopped in her tracks as she saw the scene in front of her. Ten bodies of fellow demon hunters were lying on the ground, some had blood all over them and some appeared to be sleeping, but all in all the situation wasn't good.
"What happened here?"
Checking on the pulses,she sighed in relief.
'Well at least they are alive... This mountain is creepy, why aren't the Hashira here by now?' She bit her lip, nervous and scared of what will happen next.
(Y/n) took out her sword and started walking towards the location the strange smell and aura were coming from.
'I don't feel so good... Is it the smell?'
"Ohh what do we have here?! Another little demon hunter! And a pretty one this time!" (Y/n) jumped up as she heard a sickly sweet female voice behind her.
Turning around, she saw a older girl who was an exact copy of the demon woman she killed. The same white hair and white skin, the same eyes, just that her kimono was a bright red instead of white.
'So she is the one behind this...'
"Hmm" the demon girl grinned and sat down on the grass.
"You know, you are actually a decent enough looking demon hunter! I might eat you, I didn't eat anything in 5 days! Can you believe that?"
'Nature breathing. Sixth form. Tornado's anger!' (Y/n) ran at the demon, swinging her sword in a circular way. What surprised her that the demon only laughed, not moving away from the attack.
"Cute~"
Just as (Y/n) got closer to the demon, she stretched out her hand, purple holes appearing on her arm.
"100 days of sleeplessness." Purple gass shot out of her arms and towards (Y/n)'s direction. The strong and enticing smell hit her nose, causing her to lose balance and fall down.
'What?!' She thought in panic, trying to get up from the ground.
"Isn't my blood demon art great?! Just a little bit of my sleeping gass can easily immobilise you! Awww you poor thing, can't you get up?" The demon mocked the (h/c) gir, who was struggling with getting up.
'This isn't good... Not only is is affecting my limbs but my senses too. I have to stay awake...'
"Come on! The faster you give in the easier it will be." (Y/n) glared at the demon, who just shrugged her shoulders.
"Oh well. Sleeping paradise." Another gas attack was sent her was and (Y/n) rolled away.
"You are too stubborn... Thorn scar." More gas was sent to (Y/n),this time she barely dodged it, causing her to cough up all the gas.
'Too strong...too strong.'
"Little girl you can barely move, just give in." (Y/n) glared at her and shock her head.
"Annoying."
'Maybe I can use my breathing technique to dodge her attacks till I get some of my energy for an attack back...'
"Shameplant storm!"
'Nature breathing.  Fifth form. Element mimicking. Air!' (Y/n) swung her sword and sent the attack back the demon's way, which also caused her to fly a few metres away. The demon jumped away from the gas and glared at the girl.
"You little! Just stand still!" The demon ran at her,sending another wave of attacks.
'Nature breathing. Sixth form. Tornado's anger.' She swung her sword again,sending the poison attack back the demon's way, who barely dodged it this time.
Looking up at the sky, (Y/n) got an idea.
'The air up there is probably a lot more cleaner. I need to get up there.'
Taking a little bit of air, (Y/n) slowly got up and swung her sword to the ground.
'Nature breathing. Fifth form. Element mimicking. Air!'
She was sent flying into the sky and quickly took the opportunity to take in some fresh air.
'What is she doing?' The demon raised  her eyebrow, sending another attack her way.
'Nature breathing. Sixth form. Tornado's anger!' (Y/n) glared down at the demon, as she covered her nose and mouth with the collar of her uniform. Landing safely a few metres away from the enraged demon.

'This helped,at least I have the control over my legs back... Now I need to use up this good... Maybe three attacks at maximum I will be able to use...'
(Y/n),still covering her nose and mouth, ran at the demon, who was surprised to see her stand up normally again.
'How did she?!' She dodged a incoming swing from the demon hunter.
"Hmmm, I don't know what you did, but it is useless. The air is already polluted, you have no chance here against me. Thorn scar!"
(Y/n) jumped out of the way, readying her sword again.
'Two more attacks... Nature breathing. Second form. Rose tornado!' (Y/n) ran full speed at the demon girl, who avoided the attack partially since a part of her neck did get gut.
'Ok! At least we are moving somewhere!' The (h/c) girl smiled as she saw the panic in the demon's eyes.
'No no no... I can't die like this! Especially by the hands of such a low life! I need to finish her off now. Ah she is getting weaker!' The girl grinned, noticing the small trembling of (Y/n)'s legs.
'Shit! I need to hurry up...' Taking in as much of air as she could, (Y/n) prepared for her final attack.
'I hope this works... Nature breathing...'
'I will combine all my attacks into one! This will take her out in a matter of seconds!' The demon grinned and closed her eyes.
'Fourth form...'
'And here we go!' The two females opened their eyes and ran at each other.
'You will pay for the ridiculous work you put me thru! Combined attacks!'
Gas came out from different parts of her body, surrounding (Y/n) who tried her hardest not to take in any of the air.
'Weeping willow!' With one strong leap, (Y/n) ran at the demon full speed, preparing her sword for the attack.
'Why is it not working?! What is wrong-'
'There is is! The opening thread!' (Y/n) smiled as she noticed the place where to cut and swung her sword that way, successfully cutting her neck.
'No...no no no! This can't be! I didn't even have a chance to taste freedom from Rui... and now I will die...' The demon's head fell on the ground and she watched (Y/n) collapse on her knees.
'But oddly...her attack was still gentle and my death is nearly painless... Was it my poison that slowed her down? No, I didn't see her take any air in... Did she then?!' The demon's eyes widened as she saw (Y/n) remove her collar and smile gently at her, as if she was a fellow human.
"Rest in peace."
'She made her attack painless... Her smile and whole energy are so human and gentle...'
The demon smiled one last time, before her body and head disappeared.
'She was just like that demon woman from before...' (Y/n) thought while trying to get away from the area, but it was useless, the poison already took over some of the parts of her legs.
'Help...' She thought before passing out.
A few minutes later, a familiar Hashira arrived at the place, surprised to see everything being taken care of.
"Hmm...huh?" He said and ran over to where (Y/n) was laying on the ground.
Examining her wounds, he concluded that they weren't life threatening, but he will need to bring her to a place where she can rest.
"Ahhh now I know where you are familiar!" He laughed as he inspected (Y/n)'s face more.
"You are that little demon hunter from the Wisteria house! But why are you alone?" Rengoku asked nobody in particular while running away from the area,with (Y/n) in his arms.
'Don't tell me her friends left her behind like this?!' He narrowed his eyes and looked down at the girl's sleeping face.
'Hmm maybe I should really ask the Ubuyashiki-sama to my tsugoku... She would be safer with me anyways ' Rengoku smiled again, pulling the girl closer to him.

💗Hii hope u liked this chapter! I missed writing a lot, but anyways I will be updating more frequently from now on :]
I will have to schedul my updates tho, since I will be soon releasing a Tokyo Revengers x Reader book so I will need to balance it all out. On that note, who is ur fave TR character if u are watching? Mine are Mitsuya and Smiley💗