Chapter Twenty-Two

"Tanjiro...I... I a-accept." (Y/n) finally said the words that caused Tanjiro to grin widely and hug her, making sure he doesn't wake up Nezuko in the process.
"Thank you (Y/n)-chan! I swear you won't regret this!" Said girl nodded her head and hugged the boy back, feeling at ease for the first time in a while.
A few metres away from the trio, stood a Hashira,in the shadows and glaring at the burgundy haired boy.
'I knew he was a threat. I should have done a better job at getting him executed at the meeting. I can't have this weakling have her.'

The next day...
'Something is off about them...' Inosuke thought as bothe he and Zenitsu kept observing the interactions between Tanjiro and (Y/n), sure the two were always close,but since this morning they were acting insepearable,well more like Tanjiro kept looking out for (Y/n) as she helped around the estate. Anytime (Y/n) had to carry some heavy things, Tanjiro was there to take them instead.
''What's up with you two? You have been acting strange the whole day?'' Zenitsu asked Tanjiro as (Y/n) left the room to get something from outside.
''Huh? What do you mean? We are acting like we usually do.'' Tanjiro answered, he and (Y/n) agreed to not tell anyone the arangemment they were having right now, to not cause problems for the group. Although Tanjiro didn't like it, he rather have (Y/N) happy and comfortable than feed his own ego.
''I don't trust a word you are saying!'' Inosuke exclaimed just in time as (Y/n) entered the room again.
''Tanjiro-kun, Inosuke-san, Haganezuka-san is bringing your nichirin blades.'' The annoucment caused the said boys to yell in excitement and run out of the room, leaving (Y/n) and Zenitsu alone.
''They broke theirs?'' The blonde boy asked.
''Yeah, back in the mountain as it appeares. But at least they are getting new ones so that we can start our missions again!'' (Y/n) smiled, excited to finally leave this place, but Zenitsu didn't share the same opinion with her.
''I like it here more... It's safe and warm.''
''Hush now-''
''Gyaahhh!'' The two jumped and ran outside as they heard Tanjiro scream, only to look at the scene in fron of them in horror.
''Why is he holding a knife?! What kind of psycho is he now?!'' Zenitsu yelled as he hid behind (Y/n)
''What is going on here?'' (Y/n) asked Inosuke, who was on high alert now.
''Damn you! Damn you! You brat broke my blade!'' Haganezuka yelled as he walked up to Tanjiro, who started bowing and apologizing.
''I am sorry! But actually I was going to die! My opponent was supper strong!'' He tried to defend himself, but the older man wouldn't listen.
''No! Like that has anything to do with it! It's your fault! Everything is your fault! The blade broke because yoou are a weakling!'' The masked man yelled as he kept poking Tanjiro's face.
''That is why the blade broke!''
''Haganezuka-san, please calm down. It was an accident, I am sure Tanjiro-kun feels bad for it.'' (Y/n) said as she walked over to the duo.
''Do you have a death wish?! The guy clearly isn't right in the head!'' Zenitsu yelled from behind her.
''The blades are still broken! I will kill you!'' Haganezuka yelled as he started chasing Tanjiro aaround the estate with a knife, (Y/n) running after them to try and calm down the older man.
''Well Haganezuka-san is a very passionate man.'' Zenitsu turened around to look at the other masked guy.
''He loves blades more than anyone else.''
''Who are you, if I can ask?'' The blonde boy asked as the man turned his attention to him.
''Oh, I am Kanamori.'' The man answered.

An hour later Haganezuka calmed down and gave Tanjiro his blade. The other masked man, Kanamori gave Inosuke his two blades.
''I was told to forge the blades for Inosuke-dono. I would be be very happy if they were useful for him.'' Kanamori said to Tanjiro and (Y/n), who nodded in understanding.
''I am sure they will be great, they look like they are of good quality and the indigo color looks good on them too.'' (Y/n) added as the man nodded at her.
''I agree. A somber color,fitting for a blade.''
''Well, good thing Inosuke has new blades, the old ones had a lot of chips on them.'' Tanjiro said as he tried to ignore Haganezuka's poking.
''This was also my first time making blades for a dual wielder.'' Kanamori informed (Y/n), who nodded her head.
''There aren't that many?''
''It isn't common.Since most hunters want to do the job quickly and move on. Which is understandable, with the amount of demons lurking around, you can't really risky wasting your time.'' (Y/n) nodded again.
''How does the grip feel like?'' Kanamori suddenly asked Inosuke, but the boy ignored him and walked with the blades to where a rock was.
''Inosuke-dono?''
''What is he doing now?'' (Y/n) wondered as she and Tanjiro looked at each other and back at Inosuke, only to find the said boy hitting the blades with rock, causing chips to form on the blade.
''What are you doing?!''
''Are you out of your mind?!'' Tanjiro and Haganezuka yelled as (Y/n) held Kanamori back from attacking Inosuke.
''I WILL RIP YOU TO SHREDS YOU DAMN BRAT!''
''WE ARE SORRY!''