Chapter Five

(AN: Honest to God I hope this chapter will make sense. I wrote this while listening to TXT's Frost sooo)

Tanjiro and (Y/n) were sitting in Urokodaki's house, explaining all that happened during the seven days they were gone. Nezuko was sitting in front of the girl who was brushing her hair.
"Nezuko-chan your hair is so soft!"
(Y/n) told the girl who smile at her behind the bamboo muzzle.
"So you two killed those demons finally?"
"Yes, the one I took on really had a lot of resentment for both you and Takahashi-sama." The nature breather explained and Urokodaki nodded with a sigh.
"As expected... I just wish they would have killed me instead of all those innocent children..."
Tanjiro frowned at those words, smelling the sadness from the older man.
"Urokodaki-sama you are not a fault here, you and Takahashi-sama just did your job."
(Y/n) nodded in agreement, now having Nezuko in her lap.
"At last I am happy you two are back alive. Nezuko is happy too, but she seems very clingy towards you (Y/n)."
"Ah... (Y/n)-chan I am so sorry about that. Nezuko please get off."
The younger one shook her head and hugges the (h/c) girl closer.
"Don't worry Tanjiro-kun, I don't mind." (Y/n) said with a smile and patted the demon girl's head.
'To be Nezuko right now...' He thought while watching the two girls.
'Well at least I know my future wife and sister will get along.'
"From today on you two have to be prepared to fight stronger demons than the ones during the selection process. You see, there are demons with special abilities called Blood Demon Arts. It grants them supernatural abilities you two haven't seen yet."
'Blood demon arts... It does sound interesting...'
"Urokodaki-sama... I do think that Nezuko is not like other demons... Could it be because of those... Arts?"
"Blood demon art Tanjiro and I don't think it is because of that. From what I came see, because Nezuko doesn't consume human flash like her fellow demons, she is recovering through sleeping. There is a possibility she has a art form, but it didn't develop yet."
There was a silence between them. There was one thing still bothering (Y/n), for two years now and she needed to get it off her chest.
"Urokodaki-sama, I have a question."
"Yes (Y/n)?"
"You mentioned once demons with strange engravings in their eyes. Can you explain more about them."
This caught Tanjiro's attention too, and the three looked at Urokodaki.
"The Twelve Kizuki you mean? Well they are a group of demons, all ranked from one to twelve, strongest to weakest, who are among Muzan Kibutsuji strongest and most loyal combatants. There are six upper and six lower moons. Each member received a certain portion of Muzan's blood and the consumption of humans makes them a lot stronger. I am telling you two, hashira are known to be killed by them, you two as beginners are no match against them."
The two nodded, seeing as these Kizuki seem to be the real deal.
"While we are at Muzan. Tanjiro I am pretty sure he is the one behind the death of your family and Nezuko's current state. The boy who found you two, Giyū, informed me he smelled his around the area of your house. But I am surprised that his blood didn't work on Nezuko, seeing as she isn't loyal to him."
The two looked down at the girl, who has fallen asleep in (Y/n)'s arms. Tanjiro smiled softly and patted her head.
'Nezuko is special after all.'
'So Nezuko-chan was shown mercy by the Water hashira? That Giyū guy must be nice then!' (Y/n) thought, making a mental note to thank the hashira if she ever meets him.

15 days later...
The new Demon slayers were in front of Urokodaki's house as they saw a tall figure approaching them. The figure had a robe with sunflower pattern and a large hat that had hanging floral wind chims. Sadly they couldn't see who the person is as they wore a Hyottoko mask.
"Huh? Who is that?" Tanjiro asked, but all he got was a shrug from the girl next to him.
The figure stopped in front of them, inspecting them for a moment before speaking up.
"My name is Haganezuka.I have forged Tanjiro Kamado and (Y/n) (L/n) swords, and I am here to deliver them." The man said and pointed at the two items on his back
"Ah… Um, that's us. I’m Tanjiro Kamado." The boy said.
"And I am (Y/n) (L/n). Please come insid-"
The girl was cut off by Haganezuka taking the swords off his back and showing it to them.
"This is the Nichirin Sword. I forged it for you two."
"Please come in so I can serve you some te-" Tanjiro was interrupted the same way (Y/n) was.
"The materials for a Nichirin Sword can be obtained from the mountain closest to the sun.Scarlet Crimson Iron Sand and Scarlet Crimson Ore. They produce steel that can absorb sunlight." Haganezuka explained. The two teens looked at each other,not sure what to say to that.
"Wow, that's interesting Haganezuka-sama." (Y/n) said politely.
"Yes, very!" Tanjiro added.
"Mt. Yoko is bathed in sunlight all day long, you see.Never a cloud in the sky, nor any rain."
'Can we just get our blades sir?' (Y/n) thought while sweat dropping. To the duo's relief Urokodaki walked out to see the commotion.
"There he goes again talking about the swords, never listening to what others have to say..." The older man commented.
"So this is normal?" Tanjiro asked which earned him a nod.
Suddenly the man turned around and got into both of their faces, causing the to scream a little.
"Hey, you two are the Children of Light and Earth, aren’t you?Now that’s what I call lucky!" The man exclaimed.
"Oh no, I’m the son of Tanjurou and Kie."
"And I am the daughter of (F/n) and (M/n)."
Haganezuka shook his head at the two and poked their cheeks.
"That’s not what I meant.See how your hair and eyes are a reddish color? And you girl have hair in (h/c) and eyes in green color. When a kid like you,boy, is born into a family that works with fire, and you girl into a family connected to nature, it’s considered lucky and a cause for celebration."
Tanjiro and (Y/n) looked at each other in shock and then back at the man
"Is that right? I had no idea!"
"There’s a good chance that this sword will turn red and yours girl in bright green!Right, Urokodaki?"
"Yeah." Was the man's only answer.
Once they finally got the man inside, they sat down on the floor while Nezuko was under a blanket in a different room.
"Come on, hurry up and draw it.
Nichirin Swords are also known as “Color Changing Swords.”
They change color depending on the bearer of the sword."
Tanjirou slowly drew out his sword. As he griped the handle, the blade of the sword slowly started turning black.
"Oh!" Tanjiro exclaimed.
"Cool!"
"Black!"
"It’s black, huh?"
"Huh? Is it bad or something if it turns black? Is it unlucky?" Tanjiro asked in worry.
Urokodaki quickly shook his head, relaxing the two.
"No, not necessarily, but you don’t see this pitch black too often. (Y/n) now you."
The girl nodded and just like Tanjiro drew out her sword.
They waited for a moment only for her sword to slowly turn into a purple shade