Chapter Twenty-Eight

''INOSUKE!!!'' (Y/n) yelled as the said boy safely landed on one of the cars and looked over at her and Tanjiro.
''What is it?!''
''The train is no longer a safe place!Go and protect as many people as you can! Don't let them get eaten!''
''This whole train turned into a demon! Do you hear me?!'' Tanjiro and (Y/n) yelled at the boar boy who looked down and tightened his grip on the nichirin blades.
''I knew it...it was just as anticipated! So that means I was right the whole time and you all didn't listen!'' The boar boy yelled as the two stared at him with dotted eyes, a little bit regretting their wordings.
''No time to talk about that now! Just hurry up, we need to keep this in control as much as possible until Rengoku-san wakes up!'' (Y/n) yelled, a little agitated at the circus along with Tanjiro.
Inosuke just nodded his head and sliced the roof of the car open, jumping inside just in time when the demon's hands were about to absorbe some of the passengers.
''Breath of the beast. Fifth fang: Mad cleve!'' He yelled as he sliced the demon and freeing the people inside.
''I'm gonna save every single one of them! You oughta prostrate yourselves before me!!! Worship and adore me!'' Inosuke yelled as he sliced more of the hands that were appearing out of the train seats.

''I think he lost it a little...'' (Y/n) muttered as both her and Tanjiro sweat dropped when they heard his words.
''At least he has the motivation. Let's go now, we need to find the neck of the demon!'' Tanjiro said at they jumped onto another car with passengers.
''Alright.''

Meanwhile in the one where Nezuko, Zenitsu and Rengoku stayed, the demon girl was trying to fight off the demon on her own as it was attacking the sleeping people. But just as she sliced off one hands, another appeared, which frustrated her to no end.
'I hope oni-san and nee-san can come up with something! And that the others will wake up to-'
Nezuko's thoughts were interrupted as the demon caged her in, making it impossible for her arms to move.
'What now?' The girl while closing her eyes.
''Thunder breathing. First form: Thunder clap and flash. Six fold!'' Opening her eyes, Nezuko was surprised to find Zenitsu next to her. She watched as the boy drew his sword out and with a few quick moves sliced all the limbs inside the train car.
Nezuko watched as the boy landed on the ground again, his eyes still closed.
''I will protegth everyongh...(Y/n)-chaaan...'' Zenitsu muttered to the girl's surprise and started snoring again.
'What's wrong with him?' Nezuko kept on watching with dotted eyes as the boy snored and muttered incoherent words.

'Huh? Was that thunder coming from the sky?!' (Y/n) thought in confusion as she sliced the demon's hands in half and moved the passenger out of the way as another appeared.
'Did Zenitsu-san and Rengoku-san wake up?! I hope so, I don't know how much longer we can keep up!' (Y/n) glared and swung her sword again as a hand was about to attack again.
'Tanjiro-kun is the the car in front of me, while Inosuke-san is two cars away. Meanwhile Rengoku-san, Zenitsu-san and Nezuko have the car behind me under control...but that's still not enough.'
''Nature breathing. Second form:Rose tornado!'' She yelled and quickly sliced the demon as it was about to cage her in place.
Running, she grabbed a sleeping woman's form out of the seat as the demon was about to attack again, immobilizing it's limbs soon after.
'The most I can do right now is trying to keep the situation in control that is in the front... Huh? Who is that now?!' (Y/n) gulped as she felt someone's aura approaching her car fsater and faster.

''It seems like things took a turn while I was having my nap!'' Rengoku grinned as he immobilized the demon in one car and moved to the next one.
''As a Hashira I am ashamed of myself! If there is a hole, I wanna go into it!''

''Eeekkk!'' (Y/n) shriked as her car hit another, causing her to stumble in her steps and hit the far end of the car.
'What-what is going on now? Did another demon attack us?!'
She thought as she sat up on her knees, wincing a little as pain shot through her body.
'Why do I always end up hurting my head?!'
''(Y/n)-san! I see you have here everything under control!''
Said girl looked up in both shock and relief as she saw Rengoku standing in front of her.
''Rengoku-san! You are awake now!'' She smiled as the Hashira helped her stand up.
''Mhmm. I managed to deliver some minor slashes before I came here. And I think the demon will need some time to regenerate. But we can't talk for too long, I will be quick.'' Rengoku said as (Y/n) nodded her head, waiting to hear his plan.
''This whole train is made up of 8 cars. I will take care of the five in the back. The yellow boy and Kamado's sister will take care of the other 4. I sent the boar boy and Kamado to search for the neck of the demon.''
''Ahh...and what am I supposed to do? Will I help Nezuko and Zenits-'' Her sentence was interrupted by Rengoku shaking his head.
''You will get off of this train and get yourself to a safer place. It's already too dangerous here.''
''Huh?! I am not going anywhere! I am not abandoning my friends and leaving them to fight alone!'' (Y/n) yelled at the taller man, feeling insulted that he even suggested that. Rengoku sighed and patted her head before turned around, ready to walk off.
''Besides, as a Demon slayer I am ready to risk my life to protect others. Being a coward and letting othewrs deal with a mission is just bringing shame to the title.''
'And I wouldn't be able to look Takahashi-sama or Urokodaki-sama in the eyes if I did that. All their efforts will go to waste that way.' (Y/n) thought as she glared at Rengoku's back.
''You will get hurt and might die-''
''So what?! I am well aware that this isn't a walk in the park! Who cares about that if there are innocent people in danger!''
'I do.' Rengoku thought as he let out a deep sigh, not turning around for a moment.
''Just do as I told you. I am still the Hashira here and you listen.'' Before (Y/n) could respond, the man disappeared from her sight.
''You can't be for real?!'' She yelled in anger and ran out of the car. Looking up at the sky, she sensed Tanjiro and Inosuke's prensence in front of her and quickly jumped on the roof.