Chapter Twenty-Three

💗Btw I follow the manga in these chapter mostly, so forgive me if I leave out smth from the anime, I find it easier to follow chapter by chapter.💗

"You are going?" Kanao asked, saddened as she heard the news leaving (Y/n)'s mouth. The two girls were together in the garden after (Y/n) found the black haired girl in the said place, to say goodbye.
"Mhmm! I am really excited to finally go and fight! It feels like I have been here since forever." (Y/n) smiled, but quickly corrected herself after she realised how rude it may sound.
"N-not that it was bad!! I really liked it here and all of you are really nice! I just like going on missions!"
Kanao blinked a few times at her outburst, but nodded anyways.
"I understand."
"Say, can I ask you something?"
"Hmm?"
"I saw you flip a coin whenever I or someone else ask you a question. What is that about?"
Kanao looked at (Y/n) for a moment before taking the said object anf fliping it. The taller girl observed as she sighed and looked up at her.
"A former Hashira, who I saw as my older sister basically, suggested for me to use this coin as help. However the coin turns is what my decision will be." Kanao explained as (Y/n) nodded her head.
"Is that weird to you?" The black haired girl asked nervously.
"No, not really. It sounds unusual, but if it helps you then it must be good. But..."
"But?" Kanao asked as (Y/n) smiled her way.
"I would recommend you to try and be more independent from the coin, with small steps. Life is short, so if you want to do something, just do it, don't let that object control you."
(Y/n) said as Kanao slowly nodded her head.
"Great! I have to go now, maybe when we see each other next time we can hang out more! What do you say?"
The black haired girl looked at her and then at the coin in her hand.
"I...I would love to." Kanao answered as she put the coin into her pocket.
"Great! Bye Kanao-san, thank you for everything!" (Y/n) cheered as she hugged the girl tightly.
"B-bye..." Kanao said shyly while hugging her back.
'She is so warm... I want her to hug me more often...and only me.' The tsugoku thought while tightening her arms around the taller girl.

At the train station...
"A what is waiting for us?!" Zenitsu yelled at (Y/n) as Tanjiro tried to calm him down.
"Shush! We don't need this much attention on us. The people are looking at us." Tanjiro warned while pointing at the people sending them strange looks.
"A Kizuki Zenitsu-san, it's a demon of a higher rank." (Y/n) explained as the boy paled.
"H-higher rank?! And we have to fight them?" Zenitsu asked again.
"No, we are sent out to help a Hashira, nothing more or less."
"Why us?! I didn't want to go!"
"Zenitsu we have been at the estate for over a month, we couldn't have stayed longer, especially after all of us recovered." Tanjiro tried to explain as (Y/n) walked over to Insouke, who was staring at the train.
"What are you looking at?" She asked as Inosuke turned his attention to her.
"What is that?"
"Huh? The train you mean? It's for transportation purposes. People get from point A to point B faster this way than they would by foot." (Y/n) tried to explain simply, remembering that Inosuke grew up in the forest and PPP probably wasn't familiar with these things.
"It's really pretty,isn't it?" (Y/n) smiled, causing Inosuke to look at her in confusion.
"I love train rides a lot, Takahashi-sama would always take me on them whenever she could. I always felt at peace and safe then." She smiled sadly, missing the times she had with the former Hashira.
"This thing is the master of the land then. It controls the land!" Inosuke exclaimed, causing (Y/n) to look at him in confusion.
"What?"
"What did he think of now?" Zenitsu groaned as he and Tanjiro joined the two.
"I have no clue-"
"There is no mistake in that! The length and its intimidating aura. It may be asleep now, but don't let your guard down." Inosuke said as he stood in front of (Y/n).
"So it's like some guardian spirit? Should we attack it?" Tanjiro asked as Zenitsu started explaining what a train is.
"It's a steam machine for transportation, you bumpking." The blonde boy said.
"Inosuke-san please-"
"Pig assault!" The boar boy yelled as he hit the walls of the train, (Y/n) took ahold of his arm and tried to pull him back as people kept whispering about the commotion.
"Hey you four!"
"What are you doing!"
"Get away from here!" The saw a few of the workers walk their way, but the said people stopped in their walk as they noticed the swords.
"Ahh! They have weapons!"
"Call the police!"
"Wait! No, we didn't do anything! Please we don't-" (Y/n) tried to explain, but Tanjiro took her hand and ran off with her, the other two boys following close behind.
"There is no use, we need to run."
"This is a mess!"