Chapter Twenty

"This is huge!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she looked around the Butterfly estate, her and Tanjiro still being carried.
"Mhmm... They must be really rich." Tanjiro agreed, taken by the pretty scenery in front of him.
'This feels nice... You can feel the nature just blooming here!' (Y/n) thought as she closed her eyes, just enjoying the aura the whole place had.
'She looks so pretty... Even bruises can't tarnish her.' Tanjiro sighed as he watched the (h/c) girl dreamily.
They finally arrived at the entrance of the estate and the helpers started calling out for people.
"Pardon! Pardon our intrusion!"
"Looks like nobody's coming out at all." One of them commented as they kept looking around the entrance.
"Let's go and check out the garden." The one carrying (Y/n) said, making their way to the back of the estate, the other two following closely.
"It feels wrong to go inside on our own..."
"It does, but we don't have many options for now."
"Butterflies?" (Y/n) said as some surrounded her and the helper that was carrying her.
"That's probably the Tsuguko's doing. She likes playing withe them sometimes." The one carying Nezuko's box said as Tanjiro and (Y/n) looked at each other. Both clearly confused.
"Ummm a Tsuguko?" She repeated again.
"What is a Tsuguko?" Tanjiro asked as the approached a girl,who had her back turned their way.
"Her. She is her Tsuguko, Tsuyuri Kanao-sama." At the mention of the girl's name, she turned around and smiled at the group.
'That's...that's the girl from the final selection!' Tanjiro and (Y/n) thought as they recognised the black haired girl., having that same empty smile on her face.
'She looks...sad honestly.' (Y/n) thought.
"Tsugukos are Demon hunters the Hashiras personally look after. They are usually chosen by their talents and strength." One of them explains to the teens, who nodded in understanding.
"Excuse me" the one holding Nezuko said "We came under Kochou-sama's orders, can we enter the estate?"
But the poor Kakushi got no answer from Kanao, which caused them to panic more.
'Uhmm...we can?! Right?!"
Kanao only gave him a closed eyes smile, no easing the whole situation at all.
"Poor them..." (Y/n) mumbled, feeling sory for the Kakushi.
"Hey! Who are you?!" Came another girl's voice from behind them, startling the other two Kakushi as they turned around.
This girl had blue eyes and black hair put in pigtails.
"W-we are... Kochou-san!" One started panicking, but the girl cut him ofd once she recognised their uniforms.
"Oh you are the Kakushi." She said while inspecting Tanjiro and then (Y/n).
"The two are hurt, right? Come on, follow me." The girl said as she turned around to walk away, the three Kakushi following her as quickly as possible.
'She is strange...but seems nice!' The (h/c) girl thought as she smiled and waved at Kanao.
The black haired girl's eyes widened as a blush spread across her face.
'She...she waved at me?! I should have said something earlier while I had time...' Kanao sighed as she looked sadly at the ground.
'I will do it tomorrow! I won't mess up my chances like I did back then.' Kanao nodded, determined to befriend the girl as soon as possible.

"5 times?! I am drinking this 5 times a day?!" Zenitsu yelled as laid in the hospital bed,all the while three shorter girls with butterfly hair clippers tried to calm him down.
"Is that Zenitsu-san? What is he complaining over?" (Y/n) wondered as they approached the room.
"Probably over something harmless." Tanjiro answered, shrugging his shoulders.
"It's super bitter! It's painful! You are telling me I can cure my legs and arms just by drinking medicine?!"
"Please be quiet!"
"Someone explain this to me better!" Zenitsu whined as the group entered the room.
"That guy is still being noisy..." The blue eyes girl muttered as she walked dover to Zenitsu's bed.
"Quiet down already! I will tie you to your bed if you don't stop causing all this mess!" She yelled, causing Zenitsu to shut up and tuck himself into the blanket.
"My Gods..." The girl muttered while walking away, the other girls following after her.
"Zenitsu-san, are you alright? Why are you screaming so much?" (Y/n) asked as she was carried closer to the boy's bed.
Hearing her voice, the boy quickly looked up, his expression all bewildered and relieved to see her.
"(Y/n)-chan..." He muttered as he started crying again and jumping up to hug the Kakushi holding her.
"Oh you are alive?! I was so worried what happened to you! But thank Gods you are alive!"
(Y/n) smiled softly at the crying boy and patted his head, causing him to look up at her with a blush.
"Happy to see you alive too. You and Inosuke-san had me worried."
Growing annoyed at their closeness, Tanjiro sighed loudly, making the rest look at him.
"While we are at the topic, where is Inosuke?"
"Huh? He is right next to me." Zenitsu answered simply as he pointed at the bed next to him.
"Hah?! Inosuke?!" The two teens yelled as they noticed the depressed figure of the boy.
"What happened to him?!"
"I am fine...you two." Inosuke answered simply, his voice sounding different from the ones they were used to.
"What happened to your voice?"
"Yeah, you sound different." (Y/n) added as Zenitsu explained that his throat got crushed by the demon spider he and Tanjiro were fighting.
"Tissue! Tissue!" The Kakyshi holding (Y/n) chanted as they noticed the snot on their uniform.
"That sounds painful... Why would you fight a demon that strong on your own even? Please take care of yourself next time..." (Y/n) said softly, at the end she was more glad Inosuke was alive than she was mad that he picked to fight alone.
The boy blushed a little under the boar mask as Tanjiro and Zenitsu sent him a glare.