11 - Something Is In The Air.

"Stay still!" Jungkook hissed in semi anger while Taehyung just looked at him with heart eyes.

"Koo.." Taehyung called in the softest voice he can manage. "You don't have to do this. You know it'll heal before nightfall, right? And it doesn't hurt at all."

Jungkook ignored that with a small huff as he continued to apply the antibiotic ointment on Taehyung's knuckles. The wounds are barely visible now, thanks to Taehyung's alpha healing abilities. But Jungkook still insisted to treat his wounds, stressing over the fact that they might get infected.

That's why Taehyung was currently sitting on Jungkook's bed, while the younger was kneeling in front of him, gently applying the cream. Jungkook was really angry when he say the untreated wounds when Taehyung came to his house in the evening.

Taehyung watched as few strands of hair fell over to Jungkook's eyes and how the younger tried to shake it off without stopping his work. Taehyung raised one of his and tucked the younger's hair behind his ear. Unintentionally, his fingers slightly glazed Jungkook's face.

Jungkook stiffened instantly, without having any reason for it. Taehyung must have touched his hair or face for a millions of times in his life. Why did this one made his heart beat accelerate? Or feel the air suddenly getting hotter? If was winter, for crying out loud!

He looked up at Taehyung, and they stared at each other's eyes for few seconds. They were under a spell, and would have stayed like that for eternity, if not for the knock on the door.

Taehyung pulled his hand back and straightened his posture just as the door opened and Sonmi came in. "Guys, dinner's ready."

Jungkook jumped up to his feet and went to put away the first aid kit. He didn't making eye contact with Taehyung or his mom, as he quickly went out of the room.

Sonmi raised her eyebrows with a question and Taehyung gave a reassuring smile.

"He's just still annoyed." Taehyung said as he showed his hands to Sonmi in a way of explaining, before walking out of the room too.

Sonmi however, didn't think it was just that. If Jungkook's red face was anything to go by, something else was in the air. And Sonmi was sure that it was not annoyance.

________________________________________

Taehyung and Jungkook came back to Jungkook's room after dinner to hang out. It was not unusual for them to even spent half the night in one of their room, playing games or something else. They even had many sleepovers when they were young too, although their houses are next to each other's.

Junghyun always jokes that it's good for Taehyung to get used to live in the pack house as it will be his in the future. It's a known and agreed fact that Taehyung will become the Head alpha when he turns 25. The standard joke in the pack was that the Kims and the Jeons will have to switch houses.

Taehyung was laying on Jungkook's bed, reading a book while the younger was sitting at the table, deep in thoughts. He was wondering about what happened today, the fight and the possible punishment that rude alpha would get.

"Hyungie.."

Taehyung looked up from his book. "Yeah?"

"What do you think will happen to that alpha?"

Jungkook watched as Taehyung's face morphed in to an angered one for few seconds before switching to normal. "I don't know, that's for Alpha Wang to decide, I guess."

"I know." Jungkook looked down at his lap for a second before looking back at Taehyung. "But do you think it'll be really bad?"

For the nth time, Taehyung was amazed at the kindness and the purity of Jungkook's heart. Here he was, worrying about the same man who tried to take him somewhere and do god knows what!

"Jackson called me earlier too. Asked me what had happened." Taehyung watched as this new piece of information made Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise.

"Even if uncle Wang is lenient with that bastard, Jackson will make sure to have him thrown in to hell. He adores you."

Yeah, Jungkook knew that too. Taehyung and Jungkook used to spend the summer vacations with the Wangs when they were kids, and vice verse. Their son, Jackson, is a very good friends of both Jungkook's and Taehyung's.

Guess that alpha will really get it this time. Jungkook just hoped that they won't actually kill him. He didn't want to be involved in something like that.

Taehyung gave few minutes for Jungkook to be done with that information, before speaking up again.

"And Uncle Junghyun and few other head of packs are trying to get the rules strengthened regarding the safety of Omega. Make them really strict so that people will think thrice about doing something like this."

Jungkook felt really happy at that news. What happened today was really scary for Jungkook but he knows that things could have been much more worse. Not every Omega has a protector like his Taehyung hyungie.

Things were silent after that as both were thinking about stuff. Finally, Taehyung got up from the bed. "I should head home."

"Oh." Jungkook looked like he wanted to say something more but didn't knew how to.

But just as Taehyung took the first step towards the door, Jungkook spoke up.

"Stay with me today."

Taehyung slowly turned to face the younger. It had been very long time ago when they had a sleepover last. Since there was only one bed, it didn't seem appropriate after both reached a certain age.

Jungkook could see Taehyung being a little hesitant so he spoke up again.

"I'm scared." Jungkook's voice was only a whisper. "I feel like I might have a nightmare today."

Taehyung felt his heartache at that vulnerable tone. He quickly walked towards the younger and pulled him in to a tight hug.

"Don't be scared. Nothing will happen to you. You trust me, right?"

Jungkook melted in to the elder's chest at that. "Yeah."

After getting ready for bed and informing his and Jungkook's mom about the sleeping arrangements, Taehyung and Jungkook got on to the bed and slipped under the covers. At first they were just sleeping side by side, with an adequate space between them.

But as the night dragged on, Jungkook found himself unable to fall sleep. He could hear the soft breathing of Taehyung, indicating that the elder was already in the dream land. But Jungkook couldn't do that. He wasn't sure whether it was due to what happened in the morning at school or due to the closeness on Taehyung at the moment. His mind wondered off to many places, some of them were happy, some were not.

Unable to take it anymore, Jungkook turned to his side and slowly scooted neat Taehyung. Till there was no space between them. Jungkook put his hand over Taehyung's waist and pulled his head on to the elder's chest.

Taehyung moved under him, and subconsciously put his arm around Jungkook and held the younger close to his body. At first, Jungkook thought that Taehyung had woken up but he relaxed when that doesn't seemed like the case.

Taehyung was asleep, but he had still managed to make Jungkook feel safe. And the younger, finally managed to fall asleep, while listening to the soothing sound of his hyungie's heartbeat.