23 - The Prodigal Son.

The moment Taehyung stepped out of Jackson's car, he was hit with a strong  sense of nostalgia. Everything looked exactly the way Taehyung remembered. But at the same time, it felt completely different. After few more seconds of looking at the surroundings, Taehyung understood that it was not the place that changed, but himself.

He used to belong to this place, this was his home. But now, he's just a stranger here. He didn't had the right to even be here, with the way he gave it up so easily. No matter what his reasons were, it doesn't change the fact that he abandoned his pack. He so quickly let go of the people, whom he was supposed to lead.

He didn't belong here anymore.

Jackson noticed the dazed state of the other and walked near to put a gentle hand on Taehyung's shoulder. "Don't think too much, Tae. It'll be okay."

Taehyung turned his head to give a appreciative smile. He really needed a friend right now. Taehyung partially regretted not letting Jimin accompany him when the elder offered it. But even though Jimin is a dauntless person, he's not a match for a den of wolves like this.

The front door to his house opened and Taehyung watched as his father walked out. Taemin had a half awed and half pained look in his eyes, something that Taehyung's had never seen before.

"D-dad.." Taehyung couldn't speak properly due to the lump in his throat but Taemin understood that.

Taemin quickly walked towards his son and pulled him in to a tight hug. "T-thank you, for coming back."

Taehyung broke down in his father's embrace. How pathetic son had he been, for his father to thank him for coming to see his own mother.

"Shhh..." Taemin ran a soothing hand over his son's back. "It's okay.. it's okay.. everything is okay, Tae."

It took few minutes for Taehyung to pull himself together again. He can afford to cry in front of his father, but not his mother. He had to stay strong for her.

After few minutes, they all went inside the room where Yoona is being treated. There were few machines and also a nurse to look after her. Sonmi looked up from the chair she was sitting on as a soft and a loving smile came to her face at the sight of the newcomer.

Taehyung slowly walked towards Yoona's bed, his heart ached at the week and warn out state of his mother. She was barely recognisable. Specially with the mask that was placed over her mouth and nose to help with the breathing.

"M-mom." Taehyung called in a soft  voice, as he sat down on the chair next to the bed.

For a second, it looked as if Yoona didn't hear that. But then, she slowly turned her head and opened her eyes. A shaky hand removed the oxygen mask and when Yoona gave the softest smile, Taehyung could see the trace of the mother he knew.

"T-tae?"

Taehyung bit back a sob and answered with a smile. "Y-yeah, mom. It's me."

"Y-you c-came.."

"Of course I did. How are you feeling, mom?"

"M-much b-better." Yoona's eyes looked really tired, but still filled with love for her son. "N-now that y-you are here."

Taehyung couldn't help the silent tears that were staring to flow down his cheeks. "I'm sorry for not being here earlier."

Yoona just shook her head, she didn't had much strength to talk even. There was a sound of footsteps and Taehyung turned to look at the door. Junghyun looked really relieved as he put his arm loosely over Taemin's shoulder, offering his support.

Taehyung and Yoona spoke for a long time. Well, Taehyung talked and Yoona listened. Others also sat on various spaces and listened as Taehyung talked about his life in Seoul. He knew that Yoona would want to know how well he's doing there.

Taehyung told them about Jimin and NamJin couple. About how they took care of him like he was part of their own family. He conveniently left out about the part where he almost died, figuring that it was not something he wanted his family to know.

After a while, the nurse placed the mask back on Yoona's face, as they could see her struggling for breath a bit. Yoona gave an apologetic smile and Tae assured her that it was okay.

Taehyung was talking about a funny incident that happened when Namjoon tried to make dinner and suddenly, they heard a noise of few motor bikes. Taehyung glanced at Junghyun with confused eyes. He knew the pack leader didn't like the members using motor bikes because he believed those are dangerous.

But to Taehyung's surprise, Junghyun looked a little tense and so did Taemin and Sonmi. He was just about to ask if  something was wrong when he suddenly got the whiff of the sweet scent of caramel.

"Mate!!" V growled in an excited way and Taehyung darted his eyes towards the door again.

His heart was beating so fast that for a little while, he was actually feeling like fainting.

The door opened and a man walked in. The smell was still faint, indicating that Jungkook is not near enough yet. Taehyung cranked his head even more look around from the guy, who was blocking the door, so that he could see his baby.

But the man didn't move at all. He was wearing a black riding jacket, thick gloves and a black - full faced helmet was tucked under his arm too. He had a big handkerchief kind of a thing over his mouth and nose, probably to protect himself from the dust on the road.

Taehyung noticed all this in a second, but he didn't focus on that at all. His attention was fully directed towards ths half blocked door, hoping to see his baby coming in any minute now.

Until the mysterious man removed the piece of clothing around his mouth.

"Woah! Would you look at that!"

Taehyung almost fell from his chair at that familiar face and voice. Familiar, but at the same time, totally unfamiliar.

Because this man had a eyebrow piercing, wore this monstrous looking shoes and was in a bike riding gear? But still, that was not the thing that shocked Taehyung the most.

The arrogant smirk that was present in Jungkook's face, was not something Taehyung had ever seen before.

"The prodigal son has returned!"