41 - Taking Things Slow.

Jungkook woke up next morning when the soft morning sunlight started to warm up his body. He half opened his eyes few times before rolling to the other side of the bed. It took only a second for him to realise that it was empty, when it shouldn't be.

Jungkook snapped his eyes open and raised his upper body to a sitting position. This side of the bed felt colder, indicating that the person who was sleeping there, left sometime ago.

"He left?"

A consciousness within his mind answered in a confident voice. "Don't worry, he wouldn't."

Jungkook wanted to believe that but still couldn't stop the panic that was building in his heart. "How can you be sure? Wouldn't be the first time."

"He promised you, didn't he?"

"He promised it many times in the past too."

JK fell silent at that, as he was not much aware of the things that happened before he came in to the picture. Jungkook felt his hands tremble a bit so he grabbed the bedsheets tightly, until his knuckles turned white.

"What should we-" Jungkook was not able to finish his question as the room door opened just then and Taehyung walked in.

He had two big paper bags in his hand, two cups of coffee and a loving smile on his face, which actually got faltered when he noticed Jungkook's expression.

"Baby-" Taehyung dropped the stuff he had in his hands on to the table and rushed to sit on the bed. "What's wrong?"

Jungkook felt stupid for panicking as it was now obvious that Taehyung had only gone out to get them breakfast. He also felt bad for not being able to trust the elder fully.

But even more importantly, he felt little annoyed that he let that doubt effect him this much and make him close to tears. He needed be stronger than that.

"Nothing." Jungkook managed to say with a steady voice, regardless of the mix of emotions in his mind. "What's for breakfast?"

Taehyung was still for few seconds and Jungkook steadily looked at him too. Then the elder gave a soft smile.

"Come see." Taehyung got up from the bed and emptied the contents neatly on to a plate. "I thought you might want to sleep in a bit, and have breakfast before we leave."

Jungkook gave a nod before getting up from the bed and walking towards the washroom. He was out quickly and they had their breakfast quietly.

"See I told you that he will not leave. My alpha will not let him do that."

"My alpha?! Since when did V became yours?"

"You're just jealous. He belongs to me, and I belong to him. We are a team."

"Team? What are we then?"

JK's giddiness spread through their shared mind like wildfire, making Jungkook feel happy too.

"Go team up with your human."

"Omg! The betrayal!!"

Jungkook pulled his attention out of their inner conversation to see Taehyung looking at him with concern. Maybe he had been smiling to himself a bit.

"Uhhh.... where's your friend?" Jungkook asked as he drank a bit of his coffee. "Won't he join for breakfast?"

"He's still asleep." Taehyung pointed to the 2nd bag that was still not opened. "I dropped him a text asking to come here when he get up."

Jungkook hummed as a response. To be honest, he has mixed feelings about Jimin. He knew Jimin was Taehyung's new best friend and that two of them are quiet close. He also knew that Jimin didn't like him, and frankly, he didn't like the elder that much either.

Him and Jimin didn't had the best conversations or encounters so far, but for Taehyung's sake, Jungkook was willing to give it another chance. He just hopes the elder will have a same mindset too. Otherwise it'll make things way too awkward and uncomfortable.

Jimin came about one hour later, greeted both Jungkook and Taehyung rather awkwardly and left with the food bag.

The ride back home was rather silent too. Jimin and Taehyung took turns to drive as it was quiet far and it was indeed a relief to be back home. After a short discussion with Jin, Jungkook decided to stay with Taehyung.

He even asked from Jimin whether it was okay, since he was worried that the other might be little uncomfortable with Jungkook living with them. Jimin, however, said that it was totally okay. It was Taehyung's place too, since he pay the half rent.

Taehyung and Jungkook slept in the same bed again and it was little less awkward than the previous night. Despite both of them being aware of each other's feelings, neither dared to voice it out loud.

They couldn't go back to the way things were before because it's a different circumstances now. And they couldn't just jump right in to being lovers due to the past they shared, both good and bad.

So in the end, in an unsaid agreement, they both decided to take things slow. There has been lot of heartaches and tears and they both needed time to heal, specially Jungkook.

"Let's go pick up your clothes from Namjoon hyung's place tomorrow." Taehyung whispered in to Jungkook's hair, as they both laid on the bed.

"Okay." Jungkook answered in a whispering voice too. "Not that there is much. I only had few."

"Oh." Taehyung regarded that information for few seconds. "Then let's go shopping too."

Jungkook turned around so that he was facing the elder. "I'll be staying here for long?"

Taehyung didn't answer. He didn't knew what to say. Yes, he will not let Jungkook get separated from him again but he was not ready to go back home either.

And Jungkook understood that. He doesn't want to pressure Taehyung in to anything as things just don't work like that. He raised his hand and tentatively put it over the elder's cheek.

"I guess I can do some sightseeing in Seoul. I didn't get a chance to do that earlier."

Taehyung's face lightened up a bit at that. "Really? I'll take you to all the best places tomorrow."

Jungkook gave a soft smile to the other. "Yeah, I would like that."

Jungkook tried to turn around again but Taehyung's hands stopped him. Taehyung looked at Jungkook with a hesitant gaze and the younger seemed to understood the meaning behind it.

Jungkook scooted a little closer and wrapped his arms around Taehyung, with his head being gently laid near Taehyung's heart. The elder's heartbeat has been the favourite sound of Jungkook's throughout his entire life. He felt a little emotional for being able to hear it again.

"H-hyungie."

"Hmm.."

"Is tomorrow... a date?"

"Only if you want it to be." Taehyung gently ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair. "It'll be whatever you want"

"What about you?"

Taehyung's answer came with few seconds of delay. "Yes, I would like it to be a date."

Jungkook was really happy for the low night light as well as his face being buried in Taehyung's chest. He would have been utterly mortified if Taehyung knew how red his face looked right now, as he whispered an answer..

"I would like that too."