38 - Ask Him To Meet Me.

A/N - so are you guys ready for some Jinkook moments? 🥰🥰

__________________________________

Jin was in the bookstore, buying some supplies for his class when he first saw the man. He recognised the stranger as an Omega and he really wasn't doing anything suspicious. It's just that Jin hadn't seen many Omegas with tattoos or piercings that he found the man interesting.

Seeing him in the grocery store next was a little strange but Jin didn't think that much about it either. It could be a total coincident. I mean, it was the biggest one in the neighbourhood and makes sense for many people to go there. Right?

Wrong.

Because Right now, Jin is looking at the same man, standing awkwardly in front of his house. The man looked bit unsure but at the same time, determined.

"Uhhh...hello?" Jin said in a tentative voice, as he carefully looked at the man.

"Hi." The man sounded even more cautious than Jin was. "I'm Taehyung's mate."

"Oh!" Jin exclaimed in surprise.

Jin had always been a very good judge of character. Maybe it's his Omega nature to be perceptive and insightful about others, and he is rarely wrong about someone and their intentions. He may not know this man or his relationship with Taehyung, but Jin could feel that he means no harm. Either to Taehyung or to him.

Jin moved to the side a bit so that the man can come in. "Would you like to come in?"

The man looked a little surprised, as if he wasn't sure things will go that way, and after few seconds of pause, he gave a nod and walked in.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll get you something to drink." Jin said with a bright smile as he showed the man to the living room. "By the way, I'm Kim Seokjin."

"I'm Jeon Jungkook."

Jin hummed as a response before walking in to the kitchen to get something to drink. He returned few minutes later, and gave a glass of cold drink to Jungkook.

"So, you're Taehyung's mate?"

Jungkook lowered the glass in his hand and gave a soft nod. "Yes."

"And why are you here?"

At first, Jungkook didn't look like he's answering. He seemed to be contemplating about what to say. "I want to know where he live."

Jin raised his eyebrows at that. "You're his mate but you don't know where he lives?"

"No." Jungkook shock his head. "He's refusing to meet me."

"I see." Jin took a sip from his own glass. "So, you just want me to give you his address."

"Yes- no." Jungkook looked down in dismay.

"No?"

"No. That's- that's inappropriate."

Jin couldn't help but smile at the man. He seem adorable. "Well, you're right about that. What do you want me to do then?"

Jungkook looked up at Jin again, and was relieved to see that the latter held no malice in his eyes. He felt his lips trembling as he looked at the kind smile on the other's face.

"Ask him to meet me, please."

_____________________________________

Taehyung and Jimin were watching TV when Taehyung's phone rang. He looked at the screen and answered immediately.

"Namjoon hyung- oh.. Jin hyung.... yeah, sure I can talk now... Jungkook?!"

Jimin snapped his head at the mention of that name and looked at Taehyung with a questioning gaze. But the latter had his full attention on the voice from the other side of the phone.

"What's he doing there? No, I-...... yes... yes.... okay, I'll be there in 20."

Taehyung cut the line, thought for few seconds and got up from the sofa. He was about to walk away when Jimin's voice stopped him.

"You're awfully quick for someone who's trying to avoid him!"

Taehyung turned around to look at his friend, who was having a skeptical look in his face. "W-what are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say-" Jimin got up from the sofa too. "Is that you need to make up your damn mind! If you want to go to him, go to him. Stop making excuses and pushing the guy away."

Taehyung looked at his friend with wide eyes and Jimin took another step towards him. "And if you don't want anything to do with him, leave him the fuck alone. Stop running to him at a single call, wiggling your tail like a whipped dog. You're probably giving the poor guy mixed signals, making him think he has a chance."

Jimin raised his finger and poked Taehyung's chest, harshly, with each word. "Make up your damn mind, Tae. And stop fucking playing with him. Nobody deserves that!"

With that, Jimin walked off to his room, banging the door shut when he got there.

Taehyung stood there for few minutes, just thinking about what Jimin said.

And then, he made up his mind.

____________________________________

Jin watched with wary eyes, as the younger kept on glancing at the wall clock. It had been over one hour from the call he gave to Taehyung. Had he wanted to come, he would have had time to do it thrice now.

"Jungkook." Jin called in a soft voice. "I don't think he's coming."

"No." Jungkook shook his head dismissively. "He will come. M-maybe he got stuck in traffic."

Jin gave a warm smile and they waited for some more. At Jungkook's request, he didn't call Taehyung again. It was about two hours later that Jungkook finally gave up. Taehyung was not coming.

Jungkook got up from his seat and gave a little bow to Jin. "I think I should go now, hyung. Thank you for having me here and for dinner."

"Where are you staying? With a friend?"

"I-" Jungkook looked unsure at that question. "No. I guess I'll have a check in to a hotel."

Jin was about to say something when Namjoon, who had been silently keeping an eye on things all this time, spoke up.

"You can stay here."

Jin looked at his husband and gave a grateful smile. He was just about to say the same thing. Jungkook, however, shook his head.

"No, no. It's okay, Mr Kim. I don't want to be a bother."

"Nonsense. It's not a bother at all. I don't want you to go looking for hotels this late at night. Stay here. And-" Namjoon glanced back at his husband before saying the last part. "Stay for as long as you like. Jinnie, make him settle down in the guestroom."

Jin gave a nod before gently dragging a shocked Jungkook by his arm.

"You should have a wash, I'll keep a change of cloths on the bed. Okay?"

"Hyung, are you sure this is okay?" Jungkook asked in a small voice, trying hard to not let his voice break.

"You heard Joonie, it's perfectly okay. Stay for as long as you like."

Jungkook slowly sat down on the bed and stared at his own lap. "W-what's the point in that? If- if he's n-not coming?"

Jin walked towards the bed and sat next to Jungkook. He gently ruffled the younger Omega's hair, noticing very clearly how close he is to breaking down.

"We will worry about that tomorrow. Let's take one day at a time, okay? And see what happens."

Jungkook quickly nod his head. Not because he agreed to what Jin said. But because he wanted the elder to go away. He didn't want Jin to worry. If he's going to have a breakdown, Jungkook would rather do it alone.

"Alright. Now go wash up. I'll keep the cloths on the bed. Good night."

"Good night, hyung."

When he was laying on the bed, trying to sleep, only then did Jungkook let himself breakdown.

"They didn't come."

"They didn't come."