39 - Is This How You Will Kill Me?

"Hyung, I can't come. I don't wanna intrude." Jungkook said with a apologetic smile but Jin just shook his head.

"It'll be okay, Jungkook. It's a family event."

"Exactly! It should be family only."

"Oh shush!! They're gonna love you. Come with us."

"Hyung, I-"

"Jungkook, It'll take one day each for the travel so me and Joonie will be gone for three days. You will have to stay alone. Unless-" Jin's voice was much softer this time. "Unless you go back."

Jungkook's face saddened at that. This was the 3rd day he's staying in Jin and Namjoon's house, hoping Taehyung would come and meet him. But every night, he had to go to sleep with a pained heart.

Jin offered take him to Taehyung's place, but Jungkook refused. Part of it was because it's inappropriate and Jungkook didn't want to force Taehyung in to something. But the other part, the more important one, was that Jungkook was scared.

He was scared about another rejection. He was scared that Taehyung might use even more harsh words to chase him away this time. Jungkook may now know the reason behind Taehyung's action but his words of rejection still felt like knife stabs to Jungkook's heart.

Jungkook was worried that he wouldn't be able to hear Taehyung saying he doesn't want him one more time. He was sure that it will break his heart beyond repair.

But, even though Taehyung hadn't showed any sign of wavering, Jungkook wouldn't give up. He couldn't. He thought he had buried all feelings he had for Taehyung but guess a life time of loving would not fade away that easily. All it took was one spark, a hope of a hope, and Jungkook felt as his whole world shifted again.

His world was drifting away in the universe, without a proper direction. But now, it corrected its orbit back to revolve around its sun. Taehyung is the center of Jungkook's universe. Always has been, always will be.

"No." Jungkook whispered in a soft voice. "I won't go back without him."

Jin felt his heart ache at that. He knew the whole story, for Jungkook had told him in the first day itself. Jin didn't tell it to anyone, not even Namjoon, because it was not his story to tell.

He understood Taehyung's side perfectly. If in a similar situation, he would have done anything and everything to protect Namjoon. His own happiness or wellbeing doesn't hold a candle against Namjoon's life.

But at the same time, he understood where Jungkook is coming from too. The younger is perfectly justified in his actions. Right or wrong, it was his life. He should have a say in it. He should be allowed to chase what he wanted. Future is not set in a stone anyway.

"Okay, that's settled then. You're coming with us." Jin said as he ruffled the younger's hair affectionately.

"Hyung, are you sure-"

"Joonie! Back me up here, please!!"

Namjoon, who had been watching some entertainment program on TV, turned towards his husband. "Yes, love. What is it?"

"Tell him it's okay to come with us to your uncle's wedding anniversary."

Namjoon gave a soft smile at the way Jungkook was looking at him. Wide eyes and hesitant smile. Despite the apparent tough nature normally associated with tattoos and piercings, Namjoon didn't fail to read the vulnerability and pain behind the younger's bambi eyes.

It made him want to protect Jungkook. And Namjoon could very well see how that same instinct is in Jin's eyes, but multiple by about 100 times.

"Of course it's okay. They would love your company." Namjoon said in a gentle tone.