28 - Unexpected Encounters.

"Tae?"

Taehyung looked up from his dinner to see Jimin's concerned eyes.

"You're spacing out again." Jimin's voice  was soft. "And that steak is already dead. No need to kill it again with your fork."

Taehyung looked down at his plate and sure enough, his fork was plunged in to the middle of the steak. "Oh.."

"You have been doing that a lot since you came back from visiting your family."

"I'm fine, Chim." Taehyung said in what he thought a reassuring way but Jimin snorted at that.

"Yeah, right."

"Chim-"

"I wasn't gonna bring this up but even your nightmares have worsened. Why isn't that wolf of yours doing anything?!"

"That wolf of his is suffering even more."

Taehyung flinched a bit at the bitter tone of V. Yes, the nightmares have turned pretty intense recently and V can barely kept it under control. Taehyung now spends most of the night awake.

It's very difficult for V cause now he knows that his mate his calling out for help. Jungkook had locked him inside his mind so the wolf is sending distress signals in the only way it can. The mate bond is pulling V so hard, and the effort it took to not action upon it was mentally exhausting for both V and Taehyung.

"What happened to you man?"

Taehyung could tell that was a rhetorical question and Jimin didn't necessarily expected an answer. Jimin was concerned about Taehyung but he knew to respect the latter's privacy.

"I'm fine, Chim."

That was all Taehyung could say and luckily, Jimin dropped the matter at that.

____________________________________

"Tell me why exactly I have to accompany you to this party?"

"Because I say so." Jimin's voice sounded tired from answering the same question too many time. "I don't want to go alone for a teenager's birthday party!"

"She's your colleague's sister. What would I do there?! Am I even invited?"

"Oh my God, I told you already, Tae. Jisoo said it's okay to bring a friend. Please I don't want to be singled out and drooled over by the birthday girl and her friends."

Taehyung looked at his friend with slightly opened mouth. Jimin can sometime be really narcissistic. Not that it was a complete lie, he is quiet eye catching after all.

"And how will me being there help with that?"

"Then they will drool over you too. And we can keep each other company. If it gets too much to handle, we can even pretend to be boyfriends."

Taehyung shook his head as Jimin wiggled his eyebrows in a dramatic way. "Come on! Think of it as backing me up in a dangerous mission. God knows this is more dangerous than a mafia lair raid."

Taehyung could not help but laugh at that. Jimin is a handsome guy as well as with a heart of gold. People, specially girls, flock around him, like moths drawn to the light.

The party was a huge one. Jisoo's sister, Jenny is a real social butterfly and seemed to have many friends. Jimin and Taehyung got swamped by excited teenagers few times but they managed to stay clear of unwanted attention successfully for most if the time.

Both of them was enjoying a drink, while sitting at a secluded corner, when suddenly, Taehyung felt V's alertness.

"Mate!"

____________________________________

Jungkook didn't really want to go to this party but he didn't had a choice. His friend, Kai, has been pinning over this pretty girl for sometime and finally, had gathered the courage to talk to her. As it turns out, Jenny was having her birthday party in this big club in Seoul and she had invited Kai and his friends too

To be honest, Jungkook didn't had any other reason to not go except that it's in Seoul. By chance, he had gotten to know that this was where Taehyung lived with his mate. But Seoul was a huge city and the chances of him meeting the elder here was very low, so he agreed to come.

The travel took a long time and Jungkook was rather tired when they reached the club. In addition, he seemed to be having a headache, which was definitely a buzz kill. He ignored it and tried to enjoy the time.

The headache grew bigger as they entered the club which was filled with neon lights and blasting music. He stopped Suho by pulling him by his arm and yelled in to his ear.

"My head is hurting, hyung. I'm gonna go have a drink."

Suho gave a nod in agreement before yelling back a reply. "Okay! But don't go anywhere else."

Jungkook showed him thumbs up sign before turning towards the bar area. He ordered a low alcohol drink, as he wasn't planning on getting drunk. Not this soon in the night anyway.

Jungkook took a sip from his drink and looked around at the crowd. The splitting headache was still present so he was not exactly able to enjoy his time.

That's when his eyes landed on a familiar figure. The lighting was kinda bad but there was no way Jungkook could miss him. Jungkook's eyes stayed on Taehyung for few seconds, before they darted towards the man next to him.

The man was handsome, and with the attire he was currently wearing, he could definitely be called as hot. But that's not what captured Jungkook's attention. It was the man's hand, which was currently placed on Taehyung's cheek.

Guess he finally have the chance to meet Taehyung's precious mate.

_____________________________________

Taehyung's sudden stiffness was very noticeable that it got Jimin's attention immediately. "Tae?"

"This can't be happening!" Taehyung whispered in a distracted voice. "I have to get out of here."

"Huh?"

"Mate! I need to go to my mate!"

"V, please.. get a grip on yourself. I can't do this alone." Taehyung pleaded with his wolf but it didn't seem like V was even hearing it.

"My mate is calling me."

"Tae? Hey, you're looking a little pale." Jimin's voice was filled with worry and Taehyung tore his mind out from the internal battle in his head. "Are you feeling sick or something?"

"Chim, can we go now? I just remembered something important that I have to do."

Taehyung could see that Jimin was completely confused but luckily, he didn't ask questions.

"Uhh.. okay. Let me just say 'bye' to Jisoo real quick." Jimim started to look around for his friend but a whimper from Taehyung stopped him.

Taehyung grabbed his head and bent down a bit as another presence suddenly invaded his mind. The pull was so strong that V unintentionally started to surface. 

"Tae!" Jimin quickly held the other by his shoulders and made him stand straight.

He then placed his hand over Taehyung cheek. "Just stay here for a second okay. I'll just tell Jisoo that I'm leaving and then we can go."

Taehyung gave a nod, wanting nothing more than to leave the place before Jungkook see him, not knowing that it was already too late.