27 - Unseen Tears.

Taehyung was planning to have a little chat with Jungkook but the opportunity presented itself earlier than he imagined. The very next day after Taehyung talked with his friends, they made plans to meet up for lunch at a local cafe. It was there that Taehyung saw the full nature of Jungkook's new life.

They were talking about something random when they heard the roar of multiple bikes. Both Yoongi and Hoseok glanced at Taehyung warily while Yeri clicked her tongue in a displeased way. At first, Taehyung did understood the reason behind his friends expression change. And then he saw the bikers.

There were 7 bikes and only one of them had a passenger. They stopped near the cafe, and got down from the bikes. They all looked kinda similar, with their riding gears and lower faces covered with cloths.

Taehyung started at them, one by one, until his eyes landed on the one he was searching for. Jungkook may have covered his whole body with unfamiliar cloths, but Taehyung can never forget his eyes. And the subtle pause in the younger's steps made it clear that Jungkook had noticed Taehyung too.

Due to a reason unknown even to himself, Taehyung got up from his seat and walked towards the oncoming group. If Jungkook had any reaction to this, he didn't show it at all. He just walked forward, with the rest of his group who were removing the handkerchiefs covering their lower faces.

That is, until Taehyung's promptly blocked their way.

"Uhh.." The one in the front looked at Taehyung with a annoyed eyes. "Dude, your blocking the way?"

Taehyung totally disregarded the guy, as his focus was solely on Jungkook. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Jungkook didn't answer. And when he started to take a step toward Taehyung, a hand was placed on his chest and stopped him.

"And who the fuck are you?" The owner of the hand asked in a sneering way, making Taehyung look up at his face, instead of the hand that was on Jungkook's chest.

"That's non on your business." Taehyung answered in an equally annoyed tone.

"Sehunie hyung-" Jungkook started to talk to the enraged man next to him but someone else cut right across his words.

"Well, Kook is a little busy right now. So why don't you come back later?"

Taehyung gave a little smirk to the new guy. "I wasn't talking to you, asshole!"

That seemed to have rattled the group a bit as everyone hissed curses under their breath and some even inched closer to Taehyung. Jungkook immediately put his hand over the guy's shoulder and stopped his movement. Even Yoongi and Hoseok came to stand behind Taehyung.

"Hyung, it's okay." The guy seemed to have cooled down under Jungkook's touch.

Then the younger walked to the front of the group and stood in front of Taehyung. His eyes seemed hard, like he was restraining himself from something. Taehyung was just about to ask Jungkook for his time again, when the latter spoke up.

"What do you want, Mr Kim?"

Taehyung momentarily forgot what he was about to say. Jungkook had never addressed him anything other than 'Hyungie' so the use of his surname was rather startling to Taehyung.

And understandably, V was upset at that too. V is an alpha wolf and however unknowingly, this blunt disrespect by his own mate, kind of annoyed him.

"What did you just call me?" Taehyung's voice was a deeper than usual but Jungkook didn't seem to phase at that.

"Kim. That is your name, right?" The younger answered in a confident voice. "I don't think we are close enough for me to call you hyung. Not now anyway."

"Koo, can we-"

"Tsk." Jungkook clicked his tongue, effectively stopping Taehyung from speaking further. "I don't go by that name anymore. Or Kookie. Doesn't go well the image, you know."

The group behind the younger gave mocking laughs. Some even whistled in a low sound. It was very clear that they fully approved and enjoyed Jungkook's behaviour.

"But anyway, I guess I could spare few minutes, for old times sake." Jungkook glanced back at his friends, soothing down their protests. "I'll be back soon"

Jungkook walked out from the little side door the cafe had, which led them to a small garden. Jungkook was walking ahead and he stopped and turned after few seconds.

"What do you want to talk about?"

Taehyung didn't knew from where to start. It wasn't as if he was scared,  but Jungkook had this totally unapproachable aura which made the elder a little uncomfortable. But he knew he had to.

"I'm worried about the company you keep, Koo." Taehyung deliberately used the nickname, and as he hoped, Jungkook didn't voice any objections to it this time.

However, he had plenty other concerns.

"I don't think you have any right to talk about my friends."

"Koo, they are dangerous! I don't want to see you getting in trouble because of them. That lot is not good for you!"

There was a silence for few seconds faster that and Taehyung thought maybe Jungkook was considering what he said. But when the younger looked up, Taehyung was startled to see the anger in those eyes.

"How dare you??!!" Jungkook was seething in anger, while his fingers were tightly clenched in to a fist.

"They were there to pick up the pieces that you left broken. They pulled me out from the pit of hell, and made me who I am today! How dare you call them not good for me??!!"

"Koo-"

"What the fuck do you want from me?! Tell me?! Wasn't I shattered enough the first time? That you had to come back for a second?!"

"Just please listen-"

"No, you listen!!"Last time you said what you wanted to say, so now it's my turn." Jungkook's face had such fierceness in it that both Taehyung and V couldn't help but cower under that.

"All my life, I lived revolving around you. You were literally the beginning and end of my each day. I never thought it was possible to live with out you."

"But these guys helped me to put myself first before anyone else. The only person responsible for my happiness, is only me. I'm living a much better life now. And I'm finally happy, because of me."

"Koo, I'm sorry-"

"Take that apology and shove it up your ass, Mr Kim. I have no use of it, whatsoever." Jungkook said in an emotionless voice that scared Taehyung  more than anything that the younger said.

They looked at each other for few seconds. One with a face as emotional as a stone. And the other one was too shocked to speak even. Finally, Jungkook gave a small nod, clearly with a not of an end.

"Well, enjoy the rest of your day, Mr Kim. I hope I never get to see you again."

With that, Jungkook walked back in to the cafe, leaving a shell-shocked Taehyung behind. And for the first time, Taehyung felt the pain of being left behind by someone you love.

Jungkook was right. He had no right to interfere with the younger's life anymore.

______________________________________

Jungkook kept his face impassive the whole time he was with his friends. After lunch, they wanted to go to the arcade but Jungkook, suggested to go to the lake instead. Normally they would bicker back and forth a bit before agreeing for one but this time, his hyungs let Jungkook have his way.

Jungkook managed to not break down on the ride. He managed to hold on to his tears till they were swimming and playing underwater. He knew it was alright to let go after that, when he is fully submerged in water.

It's okay to cry, as long as no one can see your tears.