12 - My Heart Is Set On Someone Else.

"Hyungie..." Jungkook whined to get the elder's attention. "I'm bored."

Taehyung closed the book he was studying and turned to the younger. "Bored? What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know. Something!!"

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle at the childish pout on Jungkook's face. It was hard to believe that he was almost an adult. Well, to Taehyung, Jungkook will always be a baby.

"Oh! I know!!" Jungkook exclaimed and jumped up from the chair he was sitting. "Let's go to the training grounds."

Taehyung nod his head in agreement. "Sure, baby. Whatever you wanna do."

Jungkook turned is face purposefully to prevent Taehyung from seeing his blushing face. Everytime Taehyung called him baby, Jungkook can't help but blush like a mad man. It really shouldn't be like that cause Taehyung had been calling him like that for his entire life.

But lately, Jungkook felt like it has a  different meaning. He wanted it to have a different meaning. Yes, Jungkook had realised sometime ago, that the affection he had for Taehyung, is not brotherly as he previously thought. Hell, Jungkook wasn't even sure that whether it had ever been brotherly.

He always wanted to be Taehyung's, in any and every way possible. It was just only recently that he was able to identity and put a name on it.

But identifying that you like someone and acting upon it are two different things. Throughout all these years, Taehyung's behaviour never changed. So Jungkook is convinced that the elder never thought about him in a romantic way.

It made Jungkook's heart ache so much. To yearn for something so badly but be a coward to actually do something about it. Jungkook didn't want Taehyung to know about his feelings. He's worried that it might effect the bond they have now. So Jungkook try his hardest to hide any sigh of his liking.

Maybe one day, when he's a little bit older, he will show his heart. Little by little. And when that time comes, Jungkook prays that Taehyung will return his feelings too. Because, for Jungkook, living without Taehyung is not an option. It never had been.

_______________________________________

After about an hour of intense training, Jungkook laid down on the grass. His wolf is not ready to make a connection yet. It is totally understandable because, as an Omega, Jungkook's wolf's inner strength is very low. The shift is expected to be very difficult for an Omega, almost impossible. But Jungkook does have a good chance considering his lineage.

"You did good today." Taehyung said as he sat on the ground next to the younger. "I could almost sense your wolf surfacing."

Jungkook turned to look at the other. "Really, hyungie?"

"Yeah. It won't take much longer now. Maybe in few months."

Jungkook gave a radiant smile at that but then he suddenly thought of something. "But it will hurt a lot, right?"

"Only for the first time." Taehyung gave a sympathetic smile. "It can't be helped, Koo."

"But hyungie will stay with me right?"

"Of course, I will. From beginning to end."

That made the younger lose some of the worries he had. If his Taehyung hyungie is there, he can be brave and face it.

"Besides, imagine how it would be when we both shift and play in the forest. I'll take you to see everything."

"You will?" Jungkook's eyes were shinning like it had thousands of stars in it.

"I'll show you everything, Koo."

Jungkook turned on his back again and closed his eyes. He could almost see it. Two wolves, Taehyung's dark one and his light one as expected of an Omega,  running around and playing with each other. Biting each other, nuzzling, rolling on the grass-

Jungkook stopped his thought process and blushed a bit as the mental image of being pinned on the grass under the huge black wolf invaded his mind. He blushed even more when the images of the two wolves disappeared and his and Taehyung's shapes took its place.

Jungkook, being pinned to the ground, while Taehyung hovered over him, with eyes burning with emotions. He was leaning closer, and closer, and-

Jungkook abruptly stood up. His heart was beating for about a million times for a second and he was sure his face looked like a ripened tomato by now. He brushed the back of his trousers vigorously, pretending to brush off the leaves and dirt. He could see Taehyung getting up too.

"We should go home." Jungkook mumbled in a tight voice, without looking at Taehyung.

The elder was confused about this sudden change of plans but didn't say anything. He helped Jungkook to get rid of few grass on his hair, before starting to walk back home.

First, they walked silently. Then suddenly Jungkook remembered what his father told him this morning.

"Oh- hyungie." Jungkook called in an urgent tone and Taehyung hummed to show that he's listening.

"It's my birthday in two weeks."

"I know, Koo. I was there when you were born."

Jungkook lightly hit the elder's arm. "Yeah, yeah. You've told the story million times now."

Taehyung chuckled at that. Yes, recalling Jungkook's birth story is one of his favourite things to do. But the story changed with everytime he told it, adding his own imagination for Jungkook's entertainment.

"What I wanted to tell you was that dad wanted to have a party this year. He says 18 is important."

"It is." Taehyung gave a soft smile to the younger. "Let's have the biggest party ever."

"Pfft.. that should be for your birthday. You're turning 20 this year."

Suddenly, the playful atmosphere changed to a serious one as both realised the implications of that statement. 20 really is much more important.

"You might meet your mate on that day." Jungkook's voice was little hesitant and Taehyung could also pick up a hint of nervousness in it too.

The possibility did worry him greatly but he was better at masking his emotions. Jungkook didn't sense anything when Taehyung spoke up.

"I might not. The probability is pretty low for it to be from the same pack."

Jungkook tried to act like it didn't effect him but it did. The possibility of Taehyung finding his mate in few months, scared the hell out of the younger. If felt as if Jungkook was running out of time.

He stopped walking and after noticing the pause, Taehyung stopped too. The elder looked at Jungkook, who's fingers were fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. His lips seem to be trembling trembling bit too.

"But what if you did?"

'Then it's too bad for them. Cause I'm never leaving your side.' Taehyung thought in his head but he didn't said it out loud.

Yes, he had noticed the blushing faces, subtle glances with longing eyes and the flustered state of the younger boy. It made his heartbeat to accelerate and thousand butterflies to roam freely in his stomach too. He was just better at hiding them.

He loved Jungkook for as long as he could remember. This beautiful boy had been the centre of his universe, probably from the day he was born. Taehyung knows the mate pull is gonna be hard to ignore but it's gonna be like a droplet of water, compared to the vast sea of love he has for Jungkook.

Jungkook is the one who he will spend the rest of his life with, no matter who his mate is. Taehyung looked at the boy, who's eyes are filled with worry. Nothing mattered more than Jungkook.

"My mate is not important in my life, I already have my heart set on someone else."