67 - No Way Out.

Many terrifying thoughts are running through Taehyung's mind, as he stared out of the car window. It was dark, since the time was around 2.00am in the morning. Taehyung couldn't wait till the daybreak.

Taehyung just left Bogum outside their house since he didn't have the mental capacity to bother with him at the moment. He and Alpha Seong needs to be punished but Taehyung first priority was Jungkook.

"Hey." Taehyung turned to the driver at that soft call. "We'll find a way to fix this. Don't give up, okay?"

Taehyung only gave a nod. He knew that he wouldn't give up without doing every possible thing he can but what Bogum said about the spell being irreversible, was still echoing in his mind.

"I won't give up, Chim. I can't."

Jimin gave a pat on to the other's shoulder. He himself was worried shit, specially after getting to know that Jungkook tried to kill his father.. thank god he failed. He would have killed himself due to grief otherwise.

It was around morning when they reached the pack house. Taehyung gently woke Jimin, who had fallen asleep after the drivers switched halfway.

Junghyun opened the door, even before Taehyung and Jimin were out of the car. Taemin was with him too.

"Tae!" Junghyun pulled Taehyung in to a hug and the latter returned it just as emotionally.

Taehyung hugged his father too, before introducing Jimin to them. Both Junghyun and Taemin had heard about Jimin and they were extremely glad to meet the man who saved Taehyung from his death.

"Where is he, Uncle?"

"In the basement."

Taehyung grimaced at that answer. The pack house had a basement, where the shifters who have trouble controlling their wolves can be retained. It hasn't been used in many decades and most people had forgotten that it existed too.

It was used when a werewolf has gone out of his mind. Feral. And it is heartbreaking to think that Jungkook is in the same condition.

They met Sonmi in the living room. Judging by the redness in her eyes, it was very clear the she had cried a lot. Taehyung was just about to assure her, that everything will be okay, when Junghyun discreetly shook his head.

When they were walking down to the basement, Junghyun explained it to Taehyung.

"She doesn't know anything. I just couldn't tell her what's happening."

"Oh." Taehyung responded with a heavy heart. "Yeah, it's better that way."

"I called elder Seulgi too. She should be here by midday. Let's hope she has a solution."

"What are you gonna do about Alpha Seong?"

Junghyun sighed loudly. "I don't know, Tae. Him and I never had the best of encounters but I never imagined he will try to kill me and my son. I want to rip his head off, but I'll wait till we fix this situation with Jungkook."

"Yeah, I'll lend you a hand too."

They reached the room and after giving an sympathetic smile to Taehyung, Taemin opened the door.

Jungkook was sitting on the floor, knees folded and back pressed against the wall. Taehyung's heart ached at the sight of the younger's ankles being in cuffs and chains but the next moment, he realised the reason for it.

The moment Jungkook saw Junghyun, he sprang from his sitting position and tried to attack Junghyun. This must be the normal reaction because neither Junghyun nor Taemin looked surprised at all. Junghyun stood just out of Jungkook's reach, looking at his son with pained eyes.

Jungkook was growling and stretching his hands in mid air, trying to grab Junghyun. His eyes were blazing with rage, lips curled upwards in to a sneer. Only the chains in his ankles were stopping him from attacking his own father.

He was not their baby anymore.

"Koo.." Taehyung let out a painful whimper, but Jungkook didn't paid any attention to that.

His attention was solely focused on his father.

They couldn't watch the sight anymore so they walked out of the room. Taemin had to slightly drag Taehyung. Their only hope now is that Seulgi would be able to do something.

Jimin was having a chat with Sonmi. Yoongi was there too. He got up and walked to Taehyung and hugged him. Taehyung wanted to thank his friend, but couldn't do it because Sonmi was there. Anyway Yoongi knew how grateful Taehyung was.

And also, Yoongi seem to be too busy to worry about mundane things like that. Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the way both Jimin and Yoongi are taking turns to look at each other.

Elder Seulgi came in the afternoon and spent about half an hour alone with Jungkook. When she came out, her face was filled with sadness.

"The spell is irreversible, I'm sorry."

Seulgi's words were like a death blow to everyone's heart. Junghyun fell on to a nearby chair while Taehyung let out a strangled scream. That has been their last hope.

"I-isn't there anything we can do, elder Seulgi?"

Seulgi gave a painful smile to Taehyung. "I'm sorry my child, I wish there was. The spell is casted with a specific task and even the witch who did it, is not able to stop it now. Jungkook simply can not stop until he kills his father."

"What if we pretend that Junghyun is dead? You know, make Kookie believe that his father is dead." Taemin looked at Seulgi with hopeful eyes but the latter shook his head.

"That might work, if it was the only condition. But since it has a second task as well, I'm afraid that the moment Jungkook think that his father is dead, he will try to kill himself."

Taehyung covered his face with his palms. V has been strangely silent all this time. Taehyung needed his wolf now, more than ever. This nightmare that he was in right now seemed the darkest and coldest. He can't fight it alone.

____________________________________

Sonmi stood at the top of the stairs which leads to the basement of the pack house. Junghyun had told her not to go anywhere near that room but a mother's heart can't watch her baby suffer.

Sonmi thought it was very unfortunate that Jungkook was having trouble controlling his wolf. Judging by the little interaction they had, JK seemed like a well mannered and amicable wolf. Even more, it was unheard of an Omega running out of control. Normally it's an alpha issue.

Deciding that she will just quietly watch Junkook for a second, Sonmi went to the basement room. Maybe the Omega will calm down with the presence of another Omega.

Sonmi opened the door quietly to not startle the wolf, but to her surprise, she saw her son sitting on the floor in chains.

Jungkook looked up weakly the sound of the door opening, and his eyes immediately filled with tears.

"Mom. Please help me. Something is wrong with dad, he holding me like a prisoner here."