Chapter 32: I Will Take Care of Aidwen!

‘No!’

I cried inwardly, clasping Lissandro’s arm in a hurry, shaking it.

“L-Lithandwo. Why ith he twied up like dat. It hurts!” (Lissandro. Why is he tied up like that. It hurts!)

“Um, uh. Your Majesty. It’s dangerous!”

Xavier, flustered, hugged me tightly.

For a moment, my hand, which lost its place, caught Lissandro’s back. Now that I’ve caught him, I shook his head.

Lissandro patted my hand.

“However, without that much restraint, we won’t be able to keep him, Your Majesty.”

“Ith cwuel. Lithandwo ith de devil!” (It’s cruel. Lissandro is the devil!)

“I didn’t even do it, so why…”

Lissandro was upset, but I wasn’t listening to him.

‘Nobody should provoke Devlin’s Devil.’

I clearly remembered the sight of the boy sending a man flying without touching him. If I hadn’t stopped him, then the knight who was about to touch him would’ve died.

That man was a dangerous creature. However, since he decided to join Ermano, it was better to give him a carrot than a stick.

I was the one to get him into joining Ermano, but-.

‘This isn’t right!’

I understood that he was put in jail and that he’s the cause of all the damage to the Ermano border. I didn’t even wish to serve him to the fullest. But the stand-in-Emperor tied him to the limbs.

‘Is he mad? I’m sure he is…’

What if he changes his mind and attacks Ermano?

I shivered and plucked up my courage, turning back to the cage.

And as if they were waiting, my eyes met with red eyes.

The Devlin’s Devil’s eyes, without any expression, caught mine. I couldn’t guess what he was thinking.

“Uh… thowwy you’ twied up. Debwin’s Devil.” (Uh… sorry you’re tied up. Devlin’s Devil.)

I apologized first. I hope you will be relieved of your anger.

But they boy’s reaction was calmer than I was expecting.

“It’s okay. I haven’t even been tortured.”

“You thouldn’t be totued. You’ de geuth I bwought.” (You shouldn’t be tortured. You’re the guest I brought.)

I got embarrassed after speaking. Treating someone who’s tied up like a customer.

“Sigh.”

I was greatly relieved that Devlin’s Devil didn’t seem very angry at the unkind treatment.

It’s said he would lose his reason and would kill enemies and allies, but the boy was so calm that I doubted whether the rumor was true.

I was convinced that a conversation would be possible.

“I hav a quethion.” (I have a question.)

“Ask.”

“Why did you thay you’ gwoing to exthile?” (Why did you say you’re going to exile?)

“I didn’t want to go back to Devlin.”

“How cwome?”

“Because I didn’t want to be swayed by other people’s will anymore.”