Chapter 55. Aiden And Grapefruit Jam Cookies

Most adult men were afraid of the stand-in-Emperor, but Enrique didn’t budge. This much fear wasn’t enough to pressure Enrique.

People hummed and looked sideways at the interesting sights, pretending not to be.

“I didn’t expect His Majesty to keep check…”

“As expected, Her Majesty and Prince Javier are indeed…”

The buzzing from all over the place made Esteban’s face crumple.

Even though he only left for a little bit, a fly got twisted with his cute Mabel. On top of that, it was Enrique Javier from the annoying Javier Duchy.

‘This happened before.’

They hadn’t met in three years, acting this close was unexpected.

‘To think you remember clearly what happened three years ago, Mabel is indeed a genius.’

In the meantime, Esteban was constantly silly for his daughter.

The murmur grew louder and louder.

“Then… as expected, His Majesty, the stand-in-Emperor…”

“He is against their relationship…”

Grit. Esteban grit his teeth.

He wanted to wipe out all the teeth that were spreading unbelievable rumors.

“Daddy?”

However, he couldn’t reveal his temper in front of the cute Mabel, who was looking up at him with big eyes.

Esteban covered the child with his body so that Enrique couldn’t see Mabel. Mabel whined because of her blocked vision, but Esteban did not move.

He had a duty to protect his precious daughter.

“Mabel has no intentions to dance with you.”

“The person I asked for the dance is Her Majesty the Emperor, not Your Majesty the stand-in-Emperor.”

He thought he would back off with one word, but Enrique was more persistent than expected.

‘There’s no helping it.’

He didn’t want to go this far, but there wasn’t much to do if he came out like that. Esteban glared at Enrique with a grim face.

“If you want to ask Mabel to a dance, you’ll have to go through me first.”

“……”

Silence fell.

Enrique, the party concerned, and all the other nobles spectating were silent. The act of risking his life to dance with the cute Emperor was too reckless.

It was said that his temper had died down a lot now, but Esteban was once called the murderer of the battlefield.

There was no one who could go through him.

“…I accept Your Majesty’s wishes.”

Enrique, who eventually backed down, bowed his head and stepped back.

Esteban’s eyes scattered the crowd amid the deadly atmosphere. The people shivered and avoided eye contact.

At a time when everyone was afraid of the stand-in-Emperor, only one person criticized him.

“Daddy, you dwummy!”

It was Mabel.

“Mabel, your Daddy is doing this all for you…”