Chapter 52. Genes Are Defeated

‘For a moment, my heart skipped a beat.’

Was my taste like a third generation chaebol?

Unlike my surprised self, the staff nodded peacefully. As if it happened all the time.

“Yes. Should we send it to the Imperial Palace?”

“Yeah.”

Buying an enormous amount of dresses was the end of my dress shopping. Because the person I was with was an opponent, I lost all my energy from nervousness.

Standing in shock, I was quickly washed with shame when Duchess Donovan turned around.

Duchess Donovan spoke smiling towards me.

“Then, Your Majesty. Let us go.”

“Are we going back to the Imperial palace now?”

Can I finally get some rest? I asked with anticipation, but an unexpected answer came out.

“What are you talking about?”

“…yes?”

“We have to go to other boutiques.”

“T-that…”

“We’d better hurry.”

I followed Duchess Donovan, who was rushing me, with a puzzled look.

She really stopped at another boutique. And I had to wear a lot of dresses there, and Duchess Donovan spoke her famous line again.

“I’ll buy everything.”

Next was a jewelry store. The Duchess looked at the products and bought them immediately. Then, she clicked her tongue quietly.

“Tch. Nothing catches my eye.”

Do you live without hesitation?

It was unimaginable for me to buy precious metals the price of a castle like cheap accessories sold on the side of the road.

‘I’ve never spent money like this, it’s scary!’

The ego of the small citizen within me was afraid of Duchess Donovan.

It wasn’t like buying; it was like robbing!

It was time to be exhausted by the relentless purchase march. In the fifth boutique, I faced an unexpected person.

Blonde hair as bright as honey and pumpkin-colored eyes as bright as jewels.

‘Isn’t that… Enrique?’

At first, I thought it was Enrique, but I belatedly thought it might not be. The Enrique I knew was a pretty boy, not a boy who grew up like that. He couldn’t have grown that big in just three years.

“I greet Her Majesty, the Emperor. Have you been well?”

…It was.

Enrique smiled softly and greeted me.

Before I knew it, the little boy became a well-grown boy. Both were the same boys, but there was a clear difference.

He was the same age as Oscar, so he must be 11 now.

Of course, Oscar grew a lot in three years. However, Oscar’s growth wasn’t as noticeable since I saw him everyday.

On the other hand, Enrique, who I saw after three years, was so big he was unfamiliar.

‘Really, he grew up perfectly…’

After enjoying his beauty in a daze for a moment, I hurriedly came to my senses after he called out to me in confusion.