Chapter 63. Shh

“How can you be so lovely!”

“You don’t even need to have eyes. It’s perfect, Your Majesty.”

When Lalima and Xavier complimented me, I felt embarrassed for nothing. I rubbed my cheek and looked at myself in the mirror. It was the first time I was invited to a tea party, so I had to pay attention to my clothes. So, of course, I thought that I would wear clothes that weren’t as flashy as the Foundation Banquet’s or the Birthday Banquet, but I was wrong.

‘Don’t I look too childish?’

It was the most frilled and flashy thing I had ever worn in front of people.

I fiddled with the hems awkwardly.

“This is…to babyish.”

“Your Majesty is a baby.”

“That’s right.”

“That’s true, but.”

For some reason, it was strange that Lalima and Xavier shared the same opinion. I was worried that I would be looked down on wearing clothes with ribbons and frills like this, but that didn’t seem to be the case.

‘Well, it’s okay, right? That’s not the goal after all.’

When I went out, Gustav, who had a broad smile, greeted me. I found out later that a portion of the auction proceeds would be donated and the rest would fill the national treasury.

He stayed up for nights recently, voicing that the budget was insufficient due to a lot of national projects, and it seemed that the solution was the auction of my cherished items. It was all Gustav’s scheme. Gustav smiled brightly and spoke,

“Have a good time and be careful, Your Majesty.”

“Gustav, I hate you.”

“……!!”

After pouting, I passed by a shocked Gustav. Of course, I knew that it was for the sake of the Empire, but in the end, it was only Daddy’s pocket money that was obtained.

‘If it had been discussed in advance, I would have banned Daddy from the beginning and stole from the other nobles.’

Such a waste!

When I went outside the palace, Aiden was waiting for me. And for some reason, Oscar was also there. Oscar looked at Aiden with dissatisfaction, but Aiden didn’t seemed to care. The atmosphere wasn’t serious, however.

Just what was this situation?

“Oscar?”

As soon as Oscar’s face, which was obviously cold, turned to me, a bright smile on his face formed. It was a dramatic change in his expression.

“Are you two fwighting…?”

“No, Mabel.”

Oscar smiled slightly, stroking my hair carefully as not to mess it up. His friendly behavior was the same as the usual Oscar.

‘Oscar’s kind after all.’

I smiled and rested my cheek against Oscar’s hand. Oscar spoke to me in a worried tone,

“Mabel. Are you really okay? If I don’t go with you…”

“Ith okay. Aiden will be with me. Lissandro’s also going.”

“Aiden…”

“Ung. I’ll be back. I’ll say hi to Enrique too.”

“Yeah…”