Chapter 54 It Can't Be That Guy, Mabel

Ahem-ahem. The parliamentary aristocrats were huffing their chests. The eyes of others were shining with curiosity.

“Ohh…! Is she how they said… Isn’t she so lovely?”

“Oho! I don’t know what you’re talking about. That cuteness is only a part of it. You didn’t see Her Majesty sleeping soundly on the throne? Tsk tsk.”

At that remark, the people who gathered around were furious and clenching their fists.

“Ugh. I want to see it too!”

“So jealous, damn it…”

“Dirty congressmen…”

Nonetheless, it was a great honor for those who have that title.

There was a fixed number of seats in the council, which were usually hereditary. Money and power weren’t enough to attend.

How could they not be jealous of seeing the Emperor five times a week?

It was a great honor to show their faces there. Duchess Donovan was the only one who didn’t show up even though she was eligible to participate.

The Parliamentary aristocrats began to show off their friendship with the Emperor.

“Keum. For your information, the pillow Her Majesty sleeps on is my pillow.”

“I brought the blanket. My wife learned about it and embroidered on the edge!”

“Are they perverts?”

The aristocrats, despite the attacks, smiled proudly without changing their countenance.

No matter what anyone said, he gave the Emperor an embroidered blanket!

When everyone’s eyes were on the little Emperor who appeared at her first official event, there was someone else who was very excited.

“She’s my granddaughter.”

It was Marquis Gardenia.

Usually, Marquis Gardenia was a cold-hearted, bloodless, and tearless man. A person who duly ascended the position after organizing the succession structure of the complex Gardenia family with charisma that overwhelmed the audience.

He was a noble man in name and substance.

Followers nodded, bewildered at the sudden announcement that the Emperor was Marquis Gardenia’s granddaughter.

“Yes? T-that’s right.”

Of course, there was no fool who didn’t know the obvious.

“I said she’s my granddaughter.”

“That’s correct. Her Majesty is the only granddaughter of the Marquis.”

“Yes. She’s my granddaughter.”

“T-that’s correct…”

Marquis Gardenia’s atmosphere was somehow different from usual.

There was a famous saying.

‘When Marquis Gardenia smiles, one person will surly be seen with blood behind him.’

This meant that the Marquis’ laughter was dangerous. Laughing would mean someone went against his mood.

But…

“Haha. She’s very cute today too!”

Marquis Gardenia finally burst into laughter.

Those who saw him laugh began to tremble in fear.

***

Just as there were various factions among the aristocrats, there was also a strain on the young people who had their debutant today.