Chapter 62. Mabel, You Can't Do This To Me!

“Good mowning!”

I greeted him happily and held Aiden’s hand and shook it.

‘They said when you come in contact with me, the restrain loosens.’

Life is about give and take. Because Aiden helped me, I will help Aiden too! It couldn’t be better than having the same interest. Of course, we have the common goal to destroy Devlin, but so far, I’ve been getting a lot of help from Aiden.

I thought Aiden would like it too, but his expression wasn’t bright for some reason.

‘Huh… you don’t like it?’

Aiden’s gaze was directed toward our hands.

“You don’t like it?”

“I don’t dislike it, but.”

“Then it’s fine. Let’s go!”

Today was the day I decided to play with my animal friends after a long time. Kitty said that they wanted to see me.

I took Aiden’s hand and walked toward the garden. Again, I saw Lissandro watching us from a distance.

“You don’t need to be worried about Sir Javier. I’m going to go to the tea party and sneak out information.”

“Yes.”

“But don’t expect too much. It’ll be my firth time, so I might not be able to do it.”

“…yes.”

“What about the investigation of the stone?”

“……”

“Aiden?”

I didn’t hear an answer, and when I looked up, Aiden’s expression was somewhat vague. His gaze was still directed our hands, still holding each other.

‘Gasp, is it because of the rule?’

Dad’s order of ‘No Contact With The Emperor’ was still in effect.

‘The exception is for escorts and my direct maids.’

Or was it not good to hold it for too long? It was when I thought for a moment and let go of his hand.

Tak. Aiden grabbed my hand again.

‘So he didnt dislike it.’

I was almost a bit sad, what a relief. With a smile of relief, we walked to the garden.

I saw the animal friends waiting for me in the distance.

“Evewyone!”

With a happy heart, I dragged Aiden along, but suddenly stopped. And I looked around.

“Huh?”

“What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing.”

I think someone was looking at me, was it an illusion?

***

A change of emotions when you see an unbelievable and ridiculous scene.

The first was despair.

“Mabel, Mabel…”

Esteban saw Mabel toddle with Aiden while holding hands without hesitation. Without knowing how he felt, Mabel smiled brightly at Aiden and chatted cutely.

‘Why are you smiling.’

The second change of emotion was anger.

The anger was directed at Aiden, not Mabel.