Chapter 46. Papa

Aiden threw a bloody sword onto the ground.

Clang. The sword fell on the floor with a sharp sound. There were many dead bodies next to it. It wasn’t his sword anyway, so it didn’t matter if it rolled in the dirt.

‘You’ve prepared thoroughly.’

Aiden knew who was responsible as soon as he saw the crowd that attacked the procession.

Devlin’s Emperor, Veron Arthur Devlica.

The personnel who were watching Aiden were busy clashing with the enemy, so they didn’t notice that Aiden disappeared. It wasn’t that Ermano’s knights were lax. As the Emperor was involved with the escort, the number of troops were rather excessive.

However, the enemy was aware of Ermano’s troop deployment and searched for weaknesses. There were more than five master-level wizards deployed for one person.

At first, the Ermano ranks, who managed to endure well, were destroyed by magic. A powerful magic filled with madness that was casted at the risk of one’s own life.

The soldiers began to panic when their commanders, sword masters Esteban and Lissandro were paralyzed.

The establishment of this plan required two conditions.

‘Internal traitors and external assistants.’

He had already seen Viscount Targo, so there was no reason he couldn’t infiltrate Ermano with other people.

With Devlin’s audacity, he would have secretly leaked Ermano’s military secrets.

‘It doesn’t matter though.’

Aiden wasn’t interested in whether Ermano was beaten by Devlin or not. His only concern was the safety of the Emperor, Mabel.

Mabel’s life was in danger because the stand-in-Emperor and the other sword master, Lissandro, were killed. He was the only one who could protect the baby.

‘It’s okay. She’s still okay.’

Moving through the forest unnoticed by the soldiers, the front became noisy. Aiden instinctively disappeared.

Aiden was familiar with the person who appeared.

“Viscount Targo.”

Devlin’s Emperor, Veron’s, henchman who did not like Aiden.

Aiden jumped out without delay and overpowered Viscount Targo.

“Cough…who, Aiden?”

“Long time no see.”

Unlike the surprised Viscount Targo, Aiden remained calm. So first, he calmly broke both his arms.

Crack.

“Aaaahk!!”

After hearing Viscount Targo’s shout, the chasing knights came running.

“Cissero!”

They were astonished at the unexpected sight.

“…Devlin’s devil?”

Devlin’s devil was overpowering Cissero, the traitor.

“Cissero?”

Aiden’s eyes moved to the back of Cissero’s head.

Only then did Aiden realize that he had made a mistake.

‘He’s Viscount Targo in Devlin, but here he uses a different name.’

The note he sent to help Mabel was useless.