Chapter 64. Even if You Don't, I Can't

‘It’s Enrique.’

As soon as I met the bright eyes like spring flowers, my startled mind immediately calmed down. I don’t know about other people, but I don’t need to be wary of Enrique.

Even at that moment, the voices of the men talking about something got closer.

“So what did that drunk bastard say to me yesterday!”

“How would I know? I said I don’t remember!”

Enrique pulled me gently as if I was afraid of the quarreling voices.

“Come this way.”

Following Enrique’s guidance, we moved forward. I was sweating as the horses were neighing and whispering to me as I moved.

[Give me sugar cubes next time too.]

[I will share everything I know, neigh!]

‘Okay, okay! Be quiet, quiet!’

I worked hard to calm the horses. I was worried that people would come in from outside because of the horses, but fortunately, such an accident didn’t happen.

There was an undiscovered side door inside the stable that Enrique led me through.

“Pu-ha!”

I took a deep breath and exhaled in the clear air that was distinctly different from the stable. Then, I suddenly realized that I was still holding hands with Enrique. Glancing at his hand, Enrique jerked his hand off and then relaxed.

“I apologize, Your Majesty. Please forgive me for touching Your Majesty’s precious body recklessly.”

“Forgiven!”

Enrique, who had a blank expression for a moment at my resolute forgiveness, burst into laughter.

“…haha.”

I was a little surprised by the refreshing laugh that was like one in a drink commercial.

‘As I thought, pretty boys are the best.’

Enrique asked me with a smile on his face,

“By the way, I heard that Your Majesty was going to be at the tea party today, but I didn’t expect you to be in the stables.”

“U-Ung. I ended up here somehow.”

“Can you tell me what happened in the stables?”

“That…”

I tried to pass it over, but Enrique didn’t budge. He was obviously smiling kindly, but a certain unspoken pressure that couldn’t be ignored was felt.

“I heard you talking to someone.”

“Talk…?”

I flinched in surprise and then tried to calm myself down again. I can’t be seen shaking.

‘Did you hear me talking with the horses?’

No one other than Aiden knew that I could communicate with nature.

It was just that animals liked me, the seed of God.

“I wasn’t talking. I just… got lost.”

“Really?”

He didn’t seem to believe me at all.

“Ung. Really…!”

It was when I was sweating and telling unfamiliar lies.