Chapter 36. Big Dog, Little Dog

"Goodnight, Your Majesty."

"Nwanny twoo, sweep well." (Nanny too, sleep well.)

I closed my eyes, and the Nanny kissed my cheek, covered me with a blanket, and went outside.

Thump, thump.

Only the sound of my heartbeat could be heard. I spent my time looking at the dim ceiling quietly.

'Hm. How should I do this?'

I had not yet decided what to do with the note Aiden had sent. I thought about showing it to Lissandro for about 0.1 seconds, but I quickly threw that thought away.

'I can't let them know that I can read. Even if I pretend that I only received the note, I won't be able to tell him how I got it.'

There were many hardships for a person who had many secrets.

"Sigh."

It was a night of many deep sighs.

As I stayed up all night with my eyes open, dawn quickly came. After much consideration, I decided to go out for a while.

'If you were going to kill me, you would've already done so.'

I slipped the blanket off and arranged it as if someone was lying in it just in case Lissandro or the nanny came in.

"Gwood." (Good.)

After working up a sweat for no reason, I walked slowly toward the balcony.

Creak-.

After opening the door, I poked my head out, but no one was there.

"He'th not hewe?" (He's not here?)

I walked outside barefoot. I heard the cries of the owls hunting their prey.

It seemed to have been a note that didn't mean anything.

"Ah, cwold...ung?" (Ah, cold... ung?)

Something came into my sight as I was stamping my feet.

"A powch?" (A pouch?)

There was a pouch in the corner. When I picked it up, it was heavy and a jingle sounded.

'...jingle?'

My heart began to thump like crazy. Is it really what I think it is?

As soon as I opened the pouch, all I could see...were gold coins and jewels!

"Hub!"

I closed the pouch in surprise. I felt like I saw something I shouldn't have.

'Is it fake?'

I plucked up my courage and carefully opened the pouch again. The brilliant gold coins and jewels greeted me.

'What the hell. It's my type.'

If this is actually a gift, there couldn't be a gift more perfect.

Money. Gold. Jewelry. If it's not stolen property, it's always usable!

I took a look around again just in case, but there wasn't anyone there. I slipped the pouch into my room and looked around.

But all I could see was the dark night and dark floor.

'Let's just go in and sleep now.'

It was at that moment when I was yawning and taking my hands off the railing.

Slip-.

"Huh?"

At that moment, I lost my balance and fell down the railing. It just had to mimic the last scene from my previous life.