Chapter 50. Brother's Mother Is Scary

I was pouting with cold sweat. Duchess Donovan’s gaze on me was unbearably burdensome.

“From today on, I will help you prepare for the Founding Banquet and take charge of your overall education.”

“Yes.”

“It may be hard, but I hope you follow me.”

“Yes…”

Esteban had one dilemma. About how Mabel called him. When Mabel first began to speak, she called him “Baba.” So he had no doubt that she would call him “Papa.”

But.

“Rowal Fathe.” (Royal Father.)

It wasn’t Papa but Royal Father.

‘How come she skipped stages?’

Esteban was shocked. However, it was too trivial to talk to others about it, so he didn’t tell anyone and let it be.

There was a time when even Oscar called Esteban Papa, but why was Mabel calling him Royal Father?

Thinking that she was just copying her brother, Oscar, Esteban had secretly called himself “Papa” in front of Mabel in hopes that she would follow along.

He was looking forward to the day when Mabel would call him Papa. But that never happened. He couldn’t force his beloved daughter to call him Papa, so he gave up to some extent.

He did, but.

“…Papa.”

His beloved child, who had been in a coma for a month, as soon as she woke up, called him Papa.

“Is this a dream?”

Esteban clenched his fist and hit himself on the shoulder.

Pak!

It hurt.

It’s not a dream.

***

The news that the Emperor woke up spread quickly in the Imperial Palace. It was the first good news since she lost consciousness. Those, who were so intimidated by the ice cold atmosphere, were finally able to breathe. The doctors showed the most relief by far.

“Congratulations, your life was saved.”

“Haha. It is.”

“I should have congratulatory drinks today!”

The vassals, who had to attend the regular meetings without the Emperor, also brightened up.

“Did you hear the news? The Emperor has finally woken up!”

“What a relief. I was so anxious waiting for her to wake up…”

“I can sleep with my legs stretched out now! Hahaha.” (T/N: He can sleep relaxed now.)

Oscar, who had been wielding a sword expressionlessly all day, dropped his sword at the news that Mabel woke up.

“Mabel…”

He wanted to go see Mabel right away, but he tried to hold it in.

‘I don’t deserve to see Mabel.’

He boasted that he would protect Mabel, but in the end, he couldn’t do anything. It was Mabel who saved the stand-in-Emperor. So he had no confidence to face his little sister.

‘I’m such a pathetic brother.’

Oscar smiled helplessly and lifted his sword. The only thing he could do now was to build up his strength to protect her.