Chapter 34: Go On Strike, Strike

‘In order to use ‘that method,’ it was important to lay the foundation down on a daily basis.’

And the opportunity came unexpectedly quickly.

“Your Majesty the Emperor, His Majesty has asked you to join him for dinner.”

The commander-in-chief who conveyed the request had a face with zero expectations. It was because he came to invite Mabel to dinner every other day, but Mabel never agreed.

Of course, I thought to play it cool as usual.

“Okway.” (Okay.)

Mabel was willing to nod her head!

His eyes were wide open with astonishment.

“R-really?”

“Ung. Twell him I thaid okway.” (Yeah. Tell him I said okay.)

The chief’s mouth was stuck to his ears. He was excited about how happy Esteban would be when he heard this news.

“Yes! I understand!”

With a big smile, the commander ran out vigorously.

It was the nanny who wondered at the unexpected dinner.

“What happened, Your Majesty?”

“Juth…” (Just…)

Mabel smiled vaguely and evasively. Fortunately, Madame Lupe prepared her to attend the dinner without asking anymore.

Dinner time was just around the corner.

Mabel finally arrived at the dining hall after holding Xavier’s hand and struggling for a short distance.

Esteban, who was very excited and arrived an hour early, jumped up and welcomed Mabel.

“Mabel!”

“Hewwo.” (Hello.)

“Welcome. Since I couldn’t see you after the morning, I was dying to see you.”

“…?”

‘Isn’t it enough to see me in the morning, what is there to see again?’

Mabel gave a soft nod and sat next to Esteban.

Esteban grinned and watched Mabel’s every move.

‘…I should have called Oscar too.’

A flood of regret, but it was something that already happened. Mabel only looked forward with an uncomfortable look.

After a while, a feast began to unfold on the table.

‘Ahhh. I’m so happy…’

Mabel awkwardly grabbed a spoon and drank the mushroom soup.

The savory yet sweet taste was excellent.

“Yummy!”

Mabel, who diligently moved the spoon, emptied the bowl without missing a single drop.

Esteban stared at the scene without touching his meal,

“How can eating like that be so lovely? Eat a lot, Mabel. Cute little thing.”

Mabel, who slightly raised her head at Esteban’s silly remarks, mumbled with a mouth full of bread.

“You eat twoo.” (You eat too.)

“Yes, yes. Dad will eat too.”

Even though he said so, Esteban only watched Mabel eat.

‘It’s this delicious, so why aren’t you eating?’