Chapter 41. Everything You Want is Yours

Preparations went smoothly after it was decided that the rain ritual would be held.

‘The preparations for the rain ritual are written in Gustav’s tears.’

Because of the unexpected rain ritual, Gustav stayed up for nights and days.

Mabel deeply sympathized with him. On the other hand, she vowed to be deposed.

‘My dream is to become rich and unemployed!”

It is a betrayal of one’s ability to be Emperor and suffer from work.

I never wanted to be like Gustav and have to work hard.

Although it was the Emperor’s office, Mabel was sitting on Gustav’s seat and alternated looking between the hard working Gustav and the stand-in-Emperor.

“How am I, Mabel. Papa is working hard.”

Whether he wanted to appear to be a hard worker, he said that line every 10 minutes. I almost got a scab in my ear.

Seeing Gustav glancing at the stand-in-Emperor with anxious eyes, I could see what he usually does.

Mabel gave a sigh.

“Pwoor Gustab…” (Poor Gustav…)

“Hm? What did you say, Mabel?”

“I dwidn say anythwing.” (I didn’t say anything.)

“Sigh…”

Thinking it would be nice to read another line in the documents at least when he had time to say that, Mabel ate macarons little by little.

There were six macaroons on the plate.

There were three people in the office, so each had two. Before she knew it, Mabel ate up her two macarons.

‘I want to eat more.’

However, eating a lot of desserts was not good for my health, and I could endure it because I would eat again soon. I can endure it…

‘Looks delicious…’

When I was Yoon Gyeo-Ul, I had never eaten as much dessert as I wanted to, like macarons. The price of a macaron can buy you several ramens.

Maybe that’s why I was especially weak to desserts. If there was a cookie in front of me, my hand would move towards it.

Mabel overheard their conversation, desperately holding back in case she ate someone else’s macaron.

“I think the attendance list for the rain ritual has been sorted out.”

“What did you put Duke Javier in for?”

“Because he is giving the most support. Other than Duke Javier, others don’t look good, so there will definitely be backlash.”

Esteban ungratefully scattered the list and put it down. Just like the perfectionist Gustav, there was no place to modify.

“But there is one problem that Your Majesty has to decide.”

“What is it?”

“Whether to accompany Aiden to the rain ritual.”

‘Aiden?’

Mabel, who had been keeping her eyes on the macaron, slowly raised her head. Esteban’s mood got bad when he thought about that boy.

He didn’t want Mabel to be interested in Aiden.

In fact, he didn’t even want to talk about boys close to Mabel’s age, such as Aiden and Enrique.