Chapter 59. The Walking Fine

Although Duke Javier used another identity to commission a request, he could not avoid <Evil’s> dense information network. The story that the Duke made a request to find a person, reached Aiden’s ears immediately.

Aiden, who had stopped by the guild, heard the report directly from the submitter, Casey, who was in charge of the actual operation.

“Who is he looking for?”

“A man who raises the auction prices and then disappears everytime.”

Aiden’s eyebrows narrowed. In the meantime, Casey’s report continued.

“His age is unknown. He wears a black hood and his face has never been seen.”

“……”

“So, it’s Master.”

“…He’s looking for me.”

What kind of reaction should he show? Aiden was flustered. It was a very funny situation to ask the information guild to find the head of the information guild.

“What should we do?”

At Casey’s question, Aiden found a pen and paper. It wasn’t a matter of arbitrary decision.

Casey snooped around while Aiden wrote a brief note.

“Are you writing to ‘that person’?”

“Yeah.”

“Just what kind of person is ‘that person’? I’m curious because I’ve never seen him.”

“There’s nothing to know.”

Aiden cut Casey’s curiosity ferociously. Three years had passed since the creation of Evil. While dealing with foreign affairs, everyone knew Aiden as the guild leader. However, among the guild members, some, who were trusted by Aiden, knew that there was a master above him. However, since Aiden never spoke about the real master, there was no information about him.

‘The information that comes in time to time is amazing.’

Creepy information was brought in to the point of wondering just what kind of route was found. It was the kind of information that could only be heard from the mouths of aristocrats themselves.

When he learned that all the sources of information came from one person, he was curious about the identity. However, neither the individual’s ability nor the guild’s information network could determine the master’s identity.

‘Just what does this person do for a living?’

No gender, age, status, or anything. Casey asked again, ignoring the vibes.

“You don’t believe me?”

“Yeah.”

“You’re too much.”
(T/N: Casey spoke with aegyo here.)

Casey departed sadly, making a whining sound. Aiden called out Mabel’s animal friend, who was always circling around him without looking in his direction. The mouse, suppressed by Aiden’s energy, trembled and took the note.

As he dealt with guild work that was pushed, the day was over. He felt like he couldn’t return to the Imperial Palace today. Aiden looked out the window and suddenly thought about Mabel.

‘What if you fall down when I’m not there?’

Mabel often tripped over her feet while taking a walk. If Aiden was there, it’s okay since he would catch her, but sometimes, she would return from a walk alone with blood on her knees.