Chapter 45. Because You're The One I Love The Most, My Daughter

Fortunately, no one noticed I used my power.

Oscar, who was holding a sword with stable posture, blocked my front.

“Mabel, don’t ever leave from my side. I’ll protect you.”

“Ung.”

I didn’t let my guard down even though I answered calmly.

‘I have to protect Oscar.’

It’s not that I didn’t know how Oscar felt about protecting me, but Oscar was still a child. I was the only one who could protect Oscar.

I had to protect Lalima and the nanny, who had no abilities.

“Sigh.”

Perhaps because I used so much of my sacred power for the rain, I was out of breath even though I only evaporated the fire arrow.

Because I used so much, I couldn’t use my ability recklessly.

I didn’t know who the attackers were, but I could see that they were prepared quite thoroughly.

The knights were unable to grasp the flame spells that rushed unexpectedly, even though they would block the attacking waters.

“First, we’d better get to where His Majesty is. I’ll cover for you.”

The knights, who saw us coming out of the carriage, surrounded us and formed a line.

“Are you okay, Your Majesty?”

Cissero, who hit the flying arrow, joined the ranks and asked me. I tried to answer casually, but I nodded instead.

‘Oscar told me not to play with him.’

Cissero smiled awkwardly and got in a ready stance.

The attackers were constantly rushing in from wherever they came from.

As soon as we took a step, a dart flew.

“Kyaa!”

Oscar blocked the dart that flew towards Lalima.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, yes…”

The surroundings were in complete chaos. Maybe because of the size of the procession, I couldn’t see the stand-in-Emperor even if I navigated through the crowd.

‘Just where are they coming from?’

In this situation, I was worried because I wouldn’t be able to see it if someone ran towards Oscar and I.

‘So, this. It’s a concern for all human beings. I’m not particularly worried about the stand-in-Emperor.’

It was time to hold Oscar’s hand and move forward slowly. Cissero’s eyes widened as he looked back.

“Your Majesty! It’s dangerous!”

Looking back from his voice, a man wearing a black robe was casting a spell.

That person was looking at me.

“……!”

I pushed Oscar as hard as I could. Suddenly, Oscar stumbled and was pushed back a few steps.

And right after that-.

“Mabel!!”

Kwaang!

A tremendous explosion caused the soil and dust to swell. But the pain didn’t come. Because someone covered me when the explosion happened.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Cissero’s face.